[SOLVED] Boot drive not booting

Nov 22, 2018
I’m setting up a newly built computer. When installing windows onto the nvme ssd I’m getting a error saying that I need to switch to a proper boot drive. I know for a fact installed windows correctly but it won’t let me boot from the drive. Idk what could be the problem. I have my boot priorities for the drive to be first and it still doesn’t work

Solution

You absolutely need to have the NVMe drive as the only drive connected while you do this install.

Redo it.

USAFRet

Titan

You absolutely need to have the NVMe drive as the only drive connected while you do this install.

Redo it.

Solution
Nov 22, 2018
I’ve never had any problems like that before. And I’ve installed nvme adds with other drives being connected before and I haven’t had a problem with it. I would just chose in the advance settings of windows install to chose the ssd as the boot. This is only the first time that I’ve seen this problem

USAFRet

Titan

For any type drive, you want only that specific one connected.

Nov 22, 2018
Okay well I’ve never had any problems before this. I guess I’m gonna scrap the ssd cause it could just be defective and just install windows on another drive and see where that leaves me