[SOLVED] Boot Failure --- is it Mobo or Ram ?

Dropwood

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
Hey guys,

recently i built 3 rig with the following hardware parts:

CPU: intel i5 9400F
Motherboard: msi b365m pro vdh
Ram: corsair vegeance lpx 16gb (2*8)
GPU: msi 1660 6gb S
Storage: hdd and ssd
Psu: evga bq 600w 80+ Bronze

So the first 2 builds are work properly... but yesterday when i finished with the third rig it didn't boot.

all the parts seems to work, i mean all he fans are working at least.
of course there is no output signal on the monitor.
The only information i have is not the mobo's dbug leds: DRAM white led is up and sometimes (rarely) i see the CPU blink for one second.

What i have done until now:
swap the ram in the second rig (it works properly), same problem. So i though it was the ram or the mobo witch was malfunctioning, right?
swap the pair of dims (took them of the working rig) in the rig, unfortunately it didnt boot as well.
tried to boot it without any of the rams and got the beep from the speak
tried with one dim
reset the cmos

So my question is: what is malfunctioning? The ram or the motherboard?

thanks in regrets!

p.s. guys sorry for my English, it isn't my native.

Solution
Run the meme everything seems ok...also I changed the mb...the problem still exist...
So the memory is good, if you still have all of the parts I would try a different CPU in the problem build -- if the other CPU works then the CPU is the problem, if not it is very likely the motherboard since I expect that you have (or will) test the PSUs and GPUs in a working build.

RealBeast

Titan
Run the meme everything seems ok...also I changed the mb...the problem still exist...
So the memory is good, if you still have all of the parts I would try a different CPU in the problem build -- if the other CPU works then the CPU is the problem, if not it is very likely the motherboard since I expect that you have (or will) test the PSUs and GPUs in a working build.

Solution

Dropwood

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
So the memory is good, if you still have all of the parts I would try a different CPU in the problem build -- if the other CPU works then the CPU is the problem, if not it is very likely the motherboard since I expect that you have (or will) test the PSUs and GP
In one of the builds that works well run the free version of Memtest86 on every memory set. I would want at least 2-3 passes with no errors to call each set good. Then you can move on to other efforts.
Did everything and seems to be the CPU as well... Appreciate the help!

Reactions: RealBeast