[SOLVED] Boot LED on, can't find a fix

Jan 24, 2021
I finished my first build a couple days ago, but I can't get an output to my monitor
Whenever I attempt a boot, every light and fan turns on, the CPU led flashes and off once, then the VGA on and off, then the boot led turns on and stays on
I've tested the monitor with two different HDMI cables, they all work fine
I've taken apart and rebuilt the thing twice, there's no visible damage to any hardware and everything should be in place
There's a few forums with similar problems, none of which reach an answer

At this point I've come to the conclusion that my motherboard is faulty and have no idea what my next step should be.
If you've got any advice that could help, it'd be greatly appreciated
& here's the part list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pMJdt8

Solution
Okay the motherboard most likely isnt broken cuz its all brand knew so maybe try a different monitor or on a tv. The reason your boot led is staying on is because the boot device is not detected or has failed, so check all of your drives are connected properly. You can try to make a Windows 10 installation media so get a USB flash drive that is at least 8gb or more and go on a pc that works and use the "Create windows 10 instalation media" button on Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com) then follow the steps. After your usb drive is complete eject it from the pc you just installed windows 10 on and plug it into this pc were trying to fix. Then power up this pc and see if it does anything. It properly wont work because of boot order...

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Okay the motherboard most likely isnt broken cuz its all brand knew so maybe try a different monitor or on a tv. The reason your boot led is staying on is because the boot device is not detected or has failed, so check all of your drives are connected properly. You can try to make a Windows 10 installation media so get a USB flash drive that is at least 8gb or more and go on a pc that works and use the "Create windows 10 instalation media" button on Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com) then follow the steps. After your usb drive is complete eject it from the pc you just installed windows 10 on and plug it into this pc were trying to fix. Then power up this pc and see if it does anything. It properly wont work because of boot order so we need to get into the bios first, I would just try pluging a drive that was in another pc into this one and see if the windows 10 (already on that drive) well see if the pc boots from it.

Solution