Boot Loop Issues

josh.sewell

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hey guys I'm having some trouble getting my new PC build to function correctly:

This morning I turned my PC on and went to the BIOS to check what version my BIOS was. I never changed any settings or anything but just clicked 'Save and Exit', since then my PC would reboot itself about 4-5 times before booting normally. I have ran bench tests and the sorts to see if my performance is being affected and it's running normally. It just reboots a few times before my PC actually loads up. I have no idea why it's doing it.

Went back into the BIOS earlier and changed the RAM speed back to what it was when I first booted my BIOS up for the very first time then switched it to XMP and all of a sudden it booted normally. I tried shutting my PC down and back on a few times and every single time I did, it did not do the boot loop. So I thought that I had fixed it, then Windows 10 had an update and had to restart the PC multiple times when updating it and about half way through when it had to reboot the problem started all over again! :-\

Just went back into the BIOS and changed the XMP off then back on again and now it's running normally again, I have no idea what the hell is going on with my PC. (Now it's gone back to the boot loop)

Also when my PC was in the boot loop, I looked at the RGB lights of all my components and everything came on 1 by 1 except the RAM, it would then reboot again and again until the RAM lights came on, so I assume it's a RAM issue? (Sometimes they all go on then it boot loops)

If anyone has an idea what the hell it could be that would be great, I'm a complete noob with the nitty gritty parts of a PC

CPU: Ryzen 1700
CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire
Mobo: ASRock x370 Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz (2x8GB)
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080ti

Solution
Check for "Quick Boot" option, turn it on if you want it to go faster. Also check to see if memory diagnostic is turned on, it will do memory checks before booting, turn that off. What you should do is select "restore defaults" save and exit, restart, then change the XMP to the correct one and enable fast boot, save exit. See if that does it.

robax91

Distinguished
Check for "Quick Boot" option, turn it on if you want it to go faster. Also check to see if memory diagnostic is turned on, it will do memory checks before booting, turn that off. What you should do is select "restore defaults" save and exit, restart, then change the XMP to the correct one and enable fast boot, save exit. See if that does it.

Solution