gxo

Dec 1, 2020
Boot loop out of no where

I recently built my first pc and it worked perfectly fine for about two weeks. Then all of a sudden after playing Apex Legends for about 2 hours it cut off and started the boot loop. It wasn’t mid game, it was a couple minutes after I closed the window.

I’ve done everything that I read alone even disassembled and reassembled and nothing. The fans spin the parts light up display on screen, but all I get it’s the Mobo splash screen and “preparing automatic update” then it cuts off shortly after. I can’t even go into the bios because as soon as I press the “del” key or any key other than “F9” it immediately shuts off. F9 brings up my system specs which are

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
Ram: 2 8Gb Corsair vengeance lpx
SSD Samsung evo 500GB
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: gigabyte 1660 gtx
PSU: EVGA 600 br 80+

ive tried buying a new mobo, same thing. New ram, same thing. Wiped SSD clean, same thing. Paper clip tested power supply, same thing. I know the graphics card has nothing to do with it so I haven’t touched that I know that works. I’m thinking it’s a cpu issue at this point

I just need an idea of what to do because all the fixes I see online they say they’re able to Atleast go into the bios

Solution
Wasn't suggesting buying a new one, can return what you have or ask a friend for help, maybe a local shop.

The Bootloop might also mean the motherboard has problems. Did you try a clear cmos? If not try.

Maidu96

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
Have you tried the case Power button? Maybe it's shorting or broken and therefore keeps sending infinite boot signal?

I am currently dealing with a somewhat similar issue.
One thing I tried was disconnecting the front power and reset button from my mobo, and switching them. So reset goes to power and then I tried booting with reset button.

You can try and do the same. Just watch the positive and negative from the wires and mobo front panel connector spot.

If that fixes the issue you could be dealing with a faulthy power button or something up with the wiring.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Paperclip method only really says that the fan ruins on the rig, not that the psu actually is capable of powering all parts. Would test with another one, the BR series from EVGA isn't great.

Could try breadboarding as well, just test core components with just one stick of ram and test both of those apart.

gxo

Dec 1, 2020
Have you tried the case Power button? Maybe it's shorting or broken and therefore keeps sending infinite boot signal?

I am currently dealing with a somewhat similar issue.
One thing I tried was disconnecting the front power and reset button from my mobo, and switching them. So reset goes to power and then I tried booting with reset button.

You can try and do the same. Just watch the positive and negative from the wires and mobo front panel connector spot.

If that fixes the issue you could be dealing with a faulthy power button or something up with the wiring.

Ive tried building the pc without the case and still the same

gxo

Dec 1, 2020
Paperclip method only really says that the fan ruins on the rig, not that the psu actually is capable of powering all parts. Would test with another one, the BR series from EVGA isn't great.

Could try breadboarding as well, just test core components with just one stick of ram and test both of those apart.

is there a cheaper alternative way to test psu other than buying a new one? And also with the bread boarding, I don’t get a beep from the mobo speaker but all the fans continuously run if I make it not able to actually boot, like for instance no ram or no gpu, the cpu fan doesn’t spin then restart it just infinitely will spin, but if I plug everything back in I get one beep which I googled and it means everything’s fine so I’m not sure.