Booting windows 10 from usb

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yavuz650

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
This must be simple. I have a bootable usb drive. When I set the bios to prioritize the usb drive and boot the PC, it starts booting normally then takes me to windows 10 setup which I don't want to install because it is already installed in the hard drive. I just want to boot the pc from the usb drive. How do I boot windows 10 from the usb drive?

Yes, it could. The usual issue is a spontaneous reboot just as the Windows logo appears. However, on occasion the system will simply shut down.

USAFRet

Titan

IDE vs AHCI mode.

yavuz650

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I just chose SATA and it did boot. Windows logo showed up. Then the circle started moving underneath it. Then boom blue screen.. Error was this: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

okay i just switched back to AHCI and it booted normally. I'm writing this from the PC.

Problem is when I checked dxdiag i saw my BIOS version didn't change at all. It is the same as before. Is this normal?

yavuz650

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Yes I just went through this process. It is working FOR NOW

Problem is when I checked dxdiag i saw my BIOS version didn't change at all. It is the same as before. Is this normal?

Here what it says.

BIOS Date: 02/21/11 11:02:52 Ver:04.06.04 ---->> This was the same before "updating" it.