[SOLVED] Booting windows 7; unresponsive mouse and keyboard

Mar 12, 2020
During installation of windows 7 on a desktop PC(bought this year), booting from a disc(or usb key), I run into trouble once the language selection screen comes up. The mouse or keyboard don’t respond. I’ve tried with four different mice, and I’ve tried unplugging them and plugging them back in, including in other usb ports on the pc. I’m dual-booting, and the mice and keyboard work fine on the other OS(Windows 10), and they worked fine on my previous desktop, which I bought in 2015, and ran Windows 7 and 8.1 on. I wonder if it’s that drivers for the mice and keyboard are not yet installed when you boot? Do I need a really old mouse and/or keyboard?

Solution
During installation of windows 7 on a desktop PC(bought this year), booting from a disc(or usb key), I run into trouble once the language selection screen comes up. The mouse or keyboard don’t respond. I’ve tried with four different mice, and I’ve tried unplugging them and plugging them back in, including in other usb ports on the pc. I’m dual-booting, and the mice and keyboard work fine on the other OS(Windows 10), and they worked fine on my previous desktop, which I bought in 2015, and ran Windows 7 and 8.1 on. I wonder if it’s that drivers for the mice and keyboard are not yet installed when you boot? Do I need a really old mouse and/or keyboard?
It sounds like you have a motherboard that was not designed to support Windows...

kanewolf

Titan
It sounds like you have a motherboard that was not designed to support Windows 7. You will have to add USB drivers to the Windows installer.

Solution