Question Borderlands 3 crashing

MissJessika

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am quite surprised my Game crashed after letting it run for 5 mins. I have no idea what is wrong. It plays Horizon Zero Dawn flawlessly so far but when I load up BL3 it crashes after 3-5 mins.

My PC Specs are:
Ryzen 5900x
Corsair 32GB 3600 Ram
MSI X570S Tomahawk AM4 Max Wifi
GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3
I play at 3440x1440

Here is the Crash screenshot (Imgur):
Borderlands 3 Crash

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Can you please state the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing? As a side note, what OS are you working with? Where did you source the installers for the titles?

See if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU then manually reinstalling your latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminstrator helps you out.

Last edited:

MissJessika

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Can you please state the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing? As a side note, what OS are you working with? Where did you source the installers for the titles?

See if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU then manually reinstalling your latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminstrator helps you out.
This is my build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g3vRwc

BIOS version is:
AMI BIOS 7D54v13 01 June 2022

Lutfij

Titan
I would try and clear the CMOS, then see if manually inputting timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS(as shown on the stickered end of the ram kit) leaves with a stable(overclocked)system. Which slots are you working with on your motherboard?

MissJessika

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
I just switched the Ram back to 3600Mhz but put my game in Windowless Border Fullscreen and from DX11 to DX 12 and it's fine atm. weird.
Since it's a Ryzen maybe switching from DX11(Single Core) to DX12 (Multi Core) made a difference too with less stress on one Core?