Borderlands Pre-Sequel Coming for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I love the BL games, and the new weapon types and gravity mechanics sound interesting. The oxygen management, on the other hand, sounds kinda like heat management in those annoying Capcom shooters which I really despised. Interesting premise overall, but BL3 is what I'm REEEALLY looking forward to.

evang

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
The pre-sequel, otherwise known as the prequel, in English.

It could be that the prequel would refer to before the first BL while the pre-sequel refers to before BL2, but there is no point in arguing semantics.

G

BL2 is a sequel to BL1.This new game comes before the sequel, so it is pre-sequel. Still, "prequel" would be grammatically correct since it is indeed a prequel to the sequel, but I guess the game makers just wanted to avoid any confusion.:)

Thank you. I was about to rage a little at him. :)

G

:)

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
As long as they leave out the "True Vault Hunter Mode" or "Let's just inflate numbers, turn enemies into sponges and require users to always have Slag equipment mode".

The new characters sound cool. Hopefully we won't just get a rehash like BL2 was, except for Salvador, he was at least unique compared to the rest of the cast.

mrmez

Splendid
Prequel |ˈpriːkw(ə)l| noun
A story or film containing events which precede those of an EXISTING work.

Prequel
A prequel is a literary, dramatic, or filmic work whose story precedes that of a PREVIOUS work.

No semantics here, the definition is glaringly obvious.
A prequel IS a sequel. It just so happens the events occurred before the existing/previous work.

"The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in CURRENT use."
There is a word for everything. You don't need to make up new words for ones that already exist.

So, are the game developers/marketing staff illiterate? No, but they have assumed their target audience are.

Status
Not open for further replies.