Both wireless and wired connection dead, guys please help me fix this, if we fix one of them I'm happy :)

Strachu123

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Hey everyone, my ethernet was always being a pain in the butt, it never really worked but I never bothered to fix it but now that my wireless is gone as well it's a disaster :(
I could never run hamachi due to a problem called "tunnelling error" and in device manager all my networking adapters always had the yellow triangles next to them. Ever since. But wireless still worked.
I wanted to change my graphics card but it was rather large so I took out the WLAN card and put it in the 2nd slot so the graphics card could fit. Since that moment my wireless went dead. I've created a post on a different forum but we weren't able to solve the issue, here's the link to the topic:

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/something-gone-wrong-with-pci-wlan-card.153882/#post-988847

I'm running windows 7 x64
MOBO- Acer G43T-AM V:2.0
PCI WLAN- WN5301A-H1-V02

Please help me fix either of these issues,my PC is right next to the router so having a direct connection via ethernet cable would be nice but having wireless work again would also be great, so I really don't care which one we fix guys.

If you need any more info then just tell me, I'll do as much as I can to fix this.

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished
The problem you need help have more than 20 or more causes i can think of ......
So is not about " Click here ..... yep you got it " ......

Try to fix you Cable first !
- check you Device Manager - you network device driver is OK
- check you Network Adapter Settings - ipv 4 - sett to auto
- connect you PC with you router - lets hope it`s DHCP is ALIVE
After you `v done all this start Ctrl + R ad type cmd and enter
type : ipconfig
hit Enter
gimme the screenshot with all in the cmd console

Strachu123

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Oh yeah, my network adapter doesn't show up under
Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network connections.
How do I set ipv4 to auto?

I can't give you the screenshot due to the system I'm posting from but here's what the ipconfig says:

Tunnel adapter isatap.lan:
Media state........:media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface {310DEA61-246E-48AF-9062-543E57A96C38}:
Media state........: Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap. {0F26117A-C888-46B0-B2DF-0982F08B3EE3}:
Media state........: media disconnected

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished

You have 2 driver problems with both of you Lan and WiFi Adapters
Until you fix this you`ll never have Web conection ....

You have the most crazy Mobo in the World Dude :)
I can`t find any thing on the Acer web for this mobo ........

try to download this LAN driver - what ever you like to do this ( some working laptop , second PC etc.
http://tinyurl.com/Intel-82562-lan-win7

- click Win 7 LAN Download button
- download & install & restart
- ckeck you have Yellow marks again in the Device Manager

Strachu123

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Darn it, it won't let me install the drivers you sent me, apparently it's not compatible. Dear me trying to fix this for 3 days now and it's starting to really piss me off now...

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished

Try to UNZIP the driver file first then start the Autorun.exe
If you still cant have working Lan Device try this driver package from Intel :
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

AND in case this also CAN`T fix the blody driver just buy 5 $ LAN Adapter with Win 7 compatible logo .....
Add it in the free PCI slot and that`s all ....

fyrye

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
As stated you have driver issues or conflicts. Since you swapped ports the driver needed to be reinstalled but windows wasn't able to locate it.
Without knowing the PC make, model, and operating system can't help much with the drivers rather than take guesses as to what you have, (Googling WN5301A-H1-V02 driver) and risk possible malware downloads. The majority of proprietary machines use non-mainstream motherboards and hold the rights to that motherboard and it's drivers so that competitors can not also use it. (EG not listed on the manufacturer's website or altered from original manufacturer specifications).

As for
Every time I turned my computer on the first logo I'd see was packard bell but for some strange reason it just changed to Acer
This usually only happens when the BIOS is flashed, or OEM branding in the BIOS was turned off.

Since you apparently have a packard bell running Windows 7, I suggest going to packard bell's website
http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download

Look up the model or serial number of your PC
http://global-download.packardbell.com/SupportFiles/HelpDoc/help.aspx

If you need to go to a friend/relatives house or the library and download the drivers and put them on CD/USB Drive.

Other than that you'll need to buy a new card that has a driver disk or is plug-n-play with Windows 7, but if something messes up like you get a virus etc you'll need those drivers anyway once you reinstall Windows.