bottleneck free system

n3ro666

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Hi to all,
Sold my old built and now looking to get new one and want some advice.

As long waited gtx 980 ti came out i decided to get one of these as there is no point paying all this money for titan. Hold on!!!! Im not a nvidia fan i just like plug and play and low temps.

I want to go with intel and geforce mainly because i want to get low noise gaming pc/workstation.

So having coller master silencio case and gtx 980ti what cpu,psu, ram and motherboard should i get to keep bottleneck free system.

Please keep in mind that im not millionaire.

Thanks in advance and please don't just use random part picker compatibility scenario when suggesting.

Solution
For a "bottleneck free" system i would suggest going on to the X99 platform if you want a Haswell-E CPU ,however if its not the case the i7 4790k is suggested as the 4770k has some problems with fluctuating temps and the 4790k is a refreshed and better built cpu of the 4770k,if your budget allows for a Haswell-E i recommend using 5820k.DDR4 memory is supported on the X99 platform so that is a lot better than DDR3 memory .If you cant jump aboard the X99 platform any Z-97 motherboard that supports good overclocking is recommended.Of course the storage has to be an SSD ,a samsung 850 evo is the best out there so that should be your boot drive .You will also need a cooler for your CPU and there is a lot of choice so i would leave it...

Harshadeva P

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
For a "bottleneck free" system i would suggest going on to the X99 platform if you want a Haswell-E CPU ,however if its not the case the i7 4790k is suggested as the 4770k has some problems with fluctuating temps and the 4790k is a refreshed and better built cpu of the 4770k,if your budget allows for a Haswell-E i recommend using 5820k.DDR4 memory is supported on the X99 platform so that is a lot better than DDR3 memory .If you cant jump aboard the X99 platform any Z-97 motherboard that supports good overclocking is recommended.Of course the storage has to be an SSD ,a samsung 850 evo is the best out there so that should be your boot drive .You will also need a cooler for your CPU and there is a lot of choice so i would leave it your taste and remmember there is no possible way for accounting for taste.

Solution

n3ro666

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Maybe someone should start testing for this and see if they could find the tiered "dream team" component setups.