Question Bought a used Gigabyte 1080ti oc gaming 11g with a Kraken G12 on it, turns out to be DOA

Mar 27, 2019
Hello Tom's community,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I bought a used Gigabyte 1080ti oc gaming 11g off of someone on craigslist and he had a Kraken G12 mount on it with a Kraken x42 AIO cooler installed onto it. Turns out the GPU is DOA/has Code 43 error and I got big scammed, ive tried everything that is suggested online to fix it but nothing has worked so im just assuming that its dead... learned my lesson for next time but Id like to try to RMA the card itself since its still under warranty. For that I need to put the stock cooler back on however I'm not sure where the original thermal pads on the original cooler were placed and how thick the original thermal pads are. I cant find any pictures or videos of the exact card teardown online and I was hoping that I'd be able to get some help on here!

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best Regards...

I've read that Gigabyte generally does not ask about purchase details and will generally be okay with warrantys

Thing about warranty's if they see that the GPU been tampered with or taken apart then they wont repair them.

Also says on website

limited Lifetime warranty products that were not purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller or that were sold as open box or used will not be eligible for the Limited Lifetime Warranty and will follow the Transferable warranty terms as shown below.

This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
  • Graphics Cards that are modified by customer outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
  • Graphics Cards with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
  • Damages to PCB (Printed Circuit Board) whether cut, scratched, warped, cracked, dented or broken.
  • Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the graphics card including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
  • Any missing hardware, components and/or assemblies of the graphics card.
  • Cosmetic damages deemed outside of reasonable usage caused by deep scratches, cuts, cracks, dents, discoloration, neglect, dropping or mishandling the graphics card.
  • Graphics Cards that are exposed to liquid, liquid residue or excessive humid environments resulting in rust, moisture, dampness, stains, corrosion or liquid spills on components, hardware or electronics. Burns or component Flare-ups as a result of a liquid accident or spill.
  • Direct usage of paint, submersion of the graphic card in oil, use of adhesives or glues on any part of the graphics card, usage of solder to the PCB, electronics and/or component modification.
  • Exposure to cigarette tar residue, dampness, sand, dirt or excessive debris.
  • Graphics Cards that are rendered non-functional due an accident, collision with an object or tool, use of excessive force, neglect for care, exposure to fire or abnormal heat, flooding, dirt, windstorms, lightning, earthquakes, excessive weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
  • Defects or damage resulting from the use of a 3rd party product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, software or secondary peripheral equipment not furnished for the usage with or approved for the Graphics Card by EVGA CORPORATION.
  • Defects or damages resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
  • The use of inadequate shipment packaging or use of inadequate packing material resulting in damages to the graphics card while in transit with your shipping courier.
  • Unauthorized changes to the BIOS or Firmware on graphics card that do not have a Multiple BIOS option may cause this warranty to be null and void.
  • Products received in a condition that is not covered under these warranty terms will be returned to the customer. The customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. The customer may, with written consent, request to have the product recycled instead of returned.

TRENDING THREADS