[SOLVED] Bought used Vega 56, no idea why it doesn't post.

Bylov6812

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
So, I bought vega 56 for 90 bucks on auction site from a reseller of broken parts from a major retailer.

I got it, it has no water damage or signs of physical abuse. When I plug it in, it doesn't post. My motherboard beeps 4 or 5 times, but nothing comes up. The fan is not spinning, so I thought it was broken, so I bought a replacement and replaced it yesterday (still doesn't spin, at least it's not clicking anymore). While I was disassembling the GPU, everything was solid. It lights up, the light bar above the power plugs light up halfway from the right. I tried using the switch for dual BIOS thingy, still doesn't post.

I have FX-8120 and 2012 corsair TX650 PSU and ASUS motherboard. I used 6 pin to 8 pin adapters to hook up the GPU and put it the top slot. I used HDMI as my output. I don't have a display port cable so I can't check if it's the problem with HDMI port.

Any ideas, mates? I would appreciate it.

Bylov6812

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
Well you have two issues, you bought a known broken video card so not odd it's not working, and you are using adapters instead of the power connectors the card requires.
First of all, yes, I know it's broken, that's why I want to find out what's wrong and second of all, the adapters work just fine, I'm using aorus RTX 2080 ti with the adapters and they supply all the juice the beast needs, so yeah, only one issue left.