Question Brand New ASUS System will not show a display

May 25, 2024
Hello all,

I just built a new system for my son who graduates high school in under 2 weeks, and I cannot even get the monitor to go active on first bootup.

Rog Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi
Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Merc 310 Radeon RX 7900XTX
Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 6000 2x8GB in slots A2 and B2
HP SSD FX900 PRO 2TD M.2
iCUE H150i elite Capellix XT Cooler system - Corsair
G.SKILL MB850G (which is 80 plus gold)
Corsair D5000 Case

All brand-new parts, from the box to the machine installed.
For the cooler, I have the fans on top of the case blowing air into the system through the radiator. I have 3 fans installed on the back left side of case blowing air inside. I also have 3 fans in the front, blowing air into the system. I have 1 fan in the rear sucking air out of the system. This makes 10 total fans. On startup the fans lite and spin, The RAM also lite. The motherboard lights (and I do have a solid orange or Amber light in the upper right corner of the mobo. The video card lights but the fans do not spin as I do not have the drivers installed. In fact, I do not have windows installed because I cannot get the system to send anything to the monitor. It just stays AMBER and will not even flash or try to display anything, I tried plugging my monitor into the HDMI Port on the Card and well as the HDMI port on the mobo and still nothing. I did remove both Ram sticks and still nothing. I placed in 1 stick in A2 and booted and still nothing. so put both sticks back in and scratching my head. I did also remove the video card and plugged the monitor into the modo and started the system and still no display. I also removed the CMOS battery for 30 minutes, held down the power button for 60 seconds to drain power from system and then turned off the power supply by its toggle switch and then unplugged it from the system. It seems no matter what I do it will not send feed to the monitor.

Let me know if you have more questions as I will do my best to answer them. If you need pictures, I could get them for you as well. Never had this issue before, def. a first for me,

Thank you in advance!

WhatDabare

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to have the case on it's side, then relieve the pressure on the mounting for your AIO's block until it's just resting on the CPU's IHS. Your board should have display output while off the iGPU, meaning you should disconnect your discrete GPU from your build, see if that brings life to your new build.

Inspect your CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

May 25, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to have the case on it's side, then relieve the pressure on the mounting for your AIO's block until it's just resting on the CPU's IHS. Your board should have display output while off the iGPU, meaning you should disconnect your discrete GPU from your build, see if that brings life to your new build.

Inspect your CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I did inspect the CPU and it don't have pins... it has tiny little pads all throughout the processor and all seem perfect. I did remove the video card and plugged my monitor into the mobo and still no display.