Brand new EVGA GTX 750 ti FTW ACX does not output video, but fans spin.

Ixarias

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Recently bought a brand new EVGA 750ti FTW ACX. It's not outputting anything, but the fans spin. Additionally, the computer functions normally other than not being able to detect the graphics card, although the intel internet doesnt work.

SPECS----

ASRock Z97 Anniversary Edtion PART NO. 90MXGVH0-A0UAY1Z
Intel Pentium G3258 @ Base speed (3.2 GHz)
G. Skill Ares 2x4 GB Ram
500W 80+ Bronze EVGA Powersupply

If I boot the computer with the onboard HDMI everything works fine (besides internet). However, if I plug in to the Graphics card, everything works (I can hear sound, etc) EXCEPT there is no video output. If I try to install the drivers it tells me it can't detect compatible hardware, and if I go into the UEFI and go to system explorer the Graphics card does not show up.

Halp?

Solution
Update your motherboard's BIOS then try installing the video card again. If you wouldn't mind, do it right now, and respond back to this thread. Obviously, you'll need to have internet to download the latest BIOS. You could always download it on another computer and place it on a flash drive.
Update your motherboard's BIOS then try installing the video card again. If you wouldn't mind, do it right now, and respond back to this thread. Obviously, you'll need to have internet to download the latest BIOS. You could always download it on another computer and place it on a flash drive.

Solution

Ixarias

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

Thanks for you reply. I went to the asrock website and downloaded the 1.60 windows bios update and put it on a flash drive
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z97%20Anniversary/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS

After the installation, nothing changed, and the 750 ti is still not outputting anything, nor is it viewable in the system overview in the UEFI

Ixarias

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

Located it under the Security tab of the UEFI, and it says it was already disabled. Also, looking at the tool tip is says its intended for windows 8 when instead I'm using windows 7

Silly question, but can you plug the card into another slot? It's possible that reseating it in the same slot might do the trick as well. Your issue is unusual in my mind, because the BIOS doesn't even recognize the card. I've seen problems like this but even than the card is recognized. Anyway, try different slot(s), try reseating it, try it in another computer? If it's not recognized in any of these scenarios then I would consider initiating a RMA.

! Wait a moment: Did you connect a 6 pin PCIe power connector to the card? According to EVGA's site, the 02G-P4-3757-KR requires one 6 pin PCIe power connector.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3757-KR

Ixarias

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

For some reason the mobo only has one PCI-E Slot, altough I've yet to try it in another computer. Also, I did plug in the 6 pin pcie power connecter