[SOLVED] Brand New monitor goes black every couple of minutes for a few seconds

Oct 18, 2019
I just recently bought a 27 inch 144hz monitor from Viotek. The first monitor came in an was flickering black constantly no matter what. I tried buying a new display port cable an same thing. I received a replacement an it does the same thing but every 10 minutes or so not nearly as bad. My other two BenQ monitors from 2014 work perfectly fine with HDMI but they're old an only 60hz.
I have Ryzen 1700 CPU, Radeon R9 290 GPU, ASUS prime B350 plus motherboard, 16gb ram, 750w gold power supply

Any ideas? Thanks!

Solution
Which monitor from Viotek did you buy?
Does it have HDMI?

While it won't support 144Hz over HDMI, it's worth checking is the problem is isolated to a single input on the monitor, or if it occurs over HDMI too.
Oct 18, 2019
Which monitor from Viotek did you buy?
Does it have HDMI?

While it won't support 144Hz over HDMI, it's worth checking is the problem is isolated to a single input on the monitor, or if it occurs over HDMI too.

I have the Vioteck GFT27DB, it does work fine with hdmi at 60hz, and it will often work with the display port cable on 60hz, while occasionally it will start to flicker with the display port cable at 60hz and I have to restart my PC. I am starting to wonder if it is my old AMD gpu.