Breaker tripping Help Please

poying55

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Okay this is getting frustrating.
I move back into my parents place and hook my up PC and it runs fine and as soon as I game for like an hour the living room 15A breaker trips.

Okay so I go ahead and try and diagnose it. Xbox One and massive TV probably needs to be off, lets try.
Trips randomly between gaming sessions.

Okay try number 2 lights.
For some reason the lights in the kitchen and dining room are also on the 15A living room breaker
I try with them off. Okay that works, so it must be my computer but its only on a 600w psu which is weird but whatever.

I buy long extension cords and run the comp to a bedroom which isn't on the circuit. Cool everything works.
Now the breaker trips again and hits the living room leaving my computer on and the bedroom its connected to powered.

WTF. I test now and its running just fine without my computer.

Why is that god damn breaker still tripping when my PC isnt even on it.

Sounds like a deeper issue with the house wiring. Lights should have their own 6A breaker poor floor ring really. I'd suggest to your parents to get a check done.

Your power supply is likely pulling about 3-4amps, so unless there are some high current devices (TV certainly isn't one) then that is odd.

poying55

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
It's an apartment that I do know was shoddily built.
A check is probably out of the question since these folks are convinced it's just my computer doing that. I tried explaining to them the basics of how wiring works and of course they wont listen.
I'm wondering if the APT complex should fix the issue cause bad wiring could lead to accidents imho.