Breaking a build into 2 parts (1 month between each part)

Grair_Vysa

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
So this is such a weird request im not sure what i want can be achieved, but im gonna try anyhow.

My goal is to have a PC that can run games smoothly at 1080p, on high settings (doesnt have to be max, medium-high or high is fine).

The PC has to be running games in 1 week, however i only have ~400USD to use to make that happen. I understand with only that much my goal cannot be reached, so what I was thinking was to build like a base PC that can only run the games at like, low settings, and then when i get paid again in 3 weeks, buy a few parts that will put it over the edge into the medium/high range of 1080p (a GPU).

I already have a case, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

So what I was thinking, with my initial 400$ buy a mobo, ram, and SSD (for windows and like 2 games tops, 240GB should be fine), PSU, and CPU. Maybe get a CPU that has ok integrated graphics (is that what its called? noob here lol), and just use the integrated stuff until i get paid next time to get the mass storage HDD, and a GPU that can be paired with the CPU to run games where i want (like i said, medium/high @1080)

I think i could put this much together, but when you add having to spend a freaking 100$ on win 10, im not sure its possible.

So basically one of you smart ppl build a PC without including GPU, HDD, Case, Mouse/Keuyboard, Monitor and then when i get paid ill add the things I need to this PC as needed to reach medium/high 1080 settings (if its possible).

Solution
Buy a 1 TB HDD in phase 1. Partition it into C: and D: with C: 200GB. Use any savings to buy RAM with a matched set of two DIMMs. Then you buy the SSD later (phase 3 or 4) and clone the C: partition to the SSD.
with windows 10 do you have a older copy of windows 7 that has not been used for the free windows 10 upgrade?? with the new iso from microsoft all you need it the windows 7 key to unlock windows 10. if you dont have a windows 7 key. you can leave windows 10 unregistered till you have the funds or look to be a windows insider tester. you dont want to swap os from hard drive to ssd. your better off getting the ssd first then a hard drive for storage. as nvidia gpu prices and new units are dropping i would pick up a cpu like the 8400 and use the onboard video till you get a gpu.