Question Bridge ,Ap,or extender?

Jul 17, 2019
I have a netgear r7300 (which is a R7000 with dst)in my house it works well.Also extends to a small apartment next to house.My question is I have a metal garage 100` from the house,it is on separate power supply.There is a cat5e and a cat 6 cable run to the garage .What is the best solution to get wifi up there?

Jul 17, 2019
I don`t need poe.So I can get a router and set it up as AP or should I get an actual ap? should I stick with netgear?Sorry about all the question .

Jul 17, 2019
OK,I have bought a used asus rt-ac-88u.But Im not sure which one I should use as main router and which one as Access Point,choices are Netgear R7300 (R7000 with dst)or the Asus rt-ac88U?I am happy with the coverage in house with netgear,it just wont go in metal garage 100` away,again garage has cat 5e and cat 6 cable available.

You can make any router be a AP even if it does not have the feature. It is disable the DHCP server,assign a non conflicting ip address, and use a LAN port to connect it to the main router. Using the AP mode pretty much just gives you a extra port because it uses the wan port.

Which device you choose to use as your main router will likely depend on which features you like/need on each of the device. For basic I want to access the internet they likely are the same.