[SOLVED] Brief Total Internet Loss

Jun 26, 2019
About every 2-3 hours, my computer will very briefly disconnect from the internet for around 5-10 seconds. The internet loss is brief, but total enough to boot me from any online game completely when it happens. I am plugged into Ethernet as well as using a PCIE Wifi card. No one else using Ethernet from the same router or Wifi has experienced any issues, it seems relegated to just my machine. I have replaced the Ethernet cord and reset both the router and network adapter, neither of which helped. My motherboard is an Asus H170 Pro Gaming motherboard, which I've had for around 3 years. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Are you on the latest firmware for your router? Also make sure you've got no BIOS updates pending for your board. You might also want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers changes your experience. To note, remove the wireless adapter and see if the connection holds.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest firmware for your router? Also make sure you've got no BIOS updates pending for your board. You might also want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers changes your experience. To note, remove the wireless adapter and see if the connection holds.

Solution
Jun 26, 2019
Thanks for the assistance! My Bios was very out of date, and is now updated to the latest version, so that should be a good start. Still working to check router firmware, but given that no one else is having the issue, that seems slightly less likely. Will update in a few hours to see if I have any more drops