surfsup3841

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
In counter-strike I am having trouble getting my brightness set where I want it. I have a ati radeon 64 mb ddr card. My problem is when the brightness is right on for regular computer activities it is way to dark in the actual game. To fix this I can go to the color slider in display properties and brighten it which does the trick but I hate having to do this everytime I start and finish a game. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

DaveGOD

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
ask in a counter-strike forum, there might be a command-line setting or something.

"Bring out the dead..."
"I'm not dead yet!"
"Yes you are!"

surfsup3841

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
it isn't the gamma i have that all the way up in the game and in the new ati drivers it has a game gamma place for xp. no go. what are some good counter forums that i can ask in? thanks

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well, maybe this will help. I found the options below in 3DSpotlight's <A HREF="http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/cstrike/index.shtml" target="_new">Half-Life/TFC/Counter-Strike Tweak Guide</A>. They need to be added to the appropriate <b>Config.cfg</b>. See the guide for details. (I tested in Half-life and it works but I don't play Counter Strike).

<i>gl_overbright "x". A value of 1 for x enables maximum brightness mode. This will yield brighter & more vivid textures being displayed."

gl_texsort "x". A value of 1 for x enables Multi-texturing, which can improve performance on some cards. Setting this to 0 allows you set gl_overbright "1".</i>

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>