[SOLVED] Broken capacitors

Dec 13, 2021
I was upgrading my pentium 4 from 512 gb to 2 gb,,its a lenovo and after testing,i noticed that hit is too much and i switched off,,I disconnected the motherboard from the battery and used a blower to remove dust,,after the process, I noticed that the motherboard is not receiving power and I discovered that 5 capacitors are died

What could have caused this ?

Solution
Electrolytic capacitors tend to die with age. They have a liquid content which eventually begins to either leak or "bulge". Higher temperatures or too much voltage will accelerate that issue. Many manufacturers will use capacitors they think will get through the warranty period, but won't necessarily use a better quality as a way to save money. If the capacitors are not electrolytic, then it is hard to say, but heat and higher voltages are the enemy of those capacitors as well (just not to the degree of electrolytics).
Electrolytic capacitors tend to die with age. They have a liquid content which eventually begins to either leak or "bulge". Higher temperatures or too much voltage will accelerate that issue. Many manufacturers will use capacitors they think will get through the warranty period, but won't necessarily use a better quality as a way to save money. If the capacitors are not electrolytic, then it is hard to say, but heat and higher voltages are the enemy of those capacitors as well (just not to the degree of electrolytics).

Reactions: CountMike
Solution