Dec 30, 2019
My friend was over and was spinning around in my chair when he forced my mid-tower off of a 4 ft drop while we were watching a movie. Unfortunately it was running and everything was plugged in. Now when I try to turn it on it spins the fans for about 10 to 20 seconds then boots down. The dram and cpu ezdebug lights turn on my motherboard is a b350 tomahawk. I have taking everything out and reset the bios with the motherboard battery and none of it has worked. Someone please help me.

Solution
It might be of serious consideration that your computer, which not meant to be dropped at all, was physically damaged falling 4ft to the floor AFTER being struck by a heavy spinning object.

It may be that components inside the computer are still good and can be utilized, but unless you just have money to throw at parts it may be a good time to take to a repair shop or other consideration(s). May also be a good time to feel out whether you want to follow up with buddy about the cost/eat it yourself/'rents thoughts.
My thoughts would lie with damaged motherboard.
If you have a HDD it's toast
The PSU could well be damaged
...and more

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I think you have to treat this as a new build and breadboard it with as few components as possible. Literally anything can happen in a PC with physical damage; there's no easy checking other than the painstaking process of testing and testing and swapping in known working parts.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It might be of serious consideration that your computer, which not meant to be dropped at all, was physically damaged falling 4ft to the floor AFTER being struck by a heavy spinning object.

It may be that components inside the computer are still good and can be utilized, but unless you just have money to throw at parts it may be a good time to take to a repair shop or other consideration(s). May also be a good time to feel out whether you want to follow up with buddy about the cost/eat it yourself/'rents thoughts.
My thoughts would lie with damaged motherboard.
If you have a HDD it's toast
The PSU could well be damaged
...and more

Solution
Dec 30, 2019
I took everything apart once more and put them back again everything booted up fine there was some cable that got pinched when it got dropped and it sends my whole computer into some sort of recovery mode but it’s all fine now.

Reactions: Vic 40