[SOLVED] Broken front io

Owen Neal

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
I was working on my pc and i have just broken my front io circuit board, i can use the back one do i need to replace this asap or?

Solution
I have just broken the board which controls the front USB and Audio and i cant get them back into place, do i get the circuit with a new case?

Thanks
If you do not need the front USB or audio ports or you can use the rear ones.
Depending on the PC case and manufacturer, you might be able to buy a replacement board.
Also, which I have done in that situation, install a 5.25" drive bay with USB and audio jacks and connect it to the motherboard USB and audio headers.
Like this one by Coboc

Owen Neal

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
If you broke the front panel board that controls the power button, reset button, USB ports, audio ports, etc then none of those might work.
Which case do you have? or you could provide an image of the broken board.

I have just broken the board which controls the front USB and Audio and i cant get them back into place, do i get the circuit with a new case?

Thanks

Thanks
If you do not need the front USB or audio ports or you can use the rear ones.
Depending on the PC case and manufacturer, you might be able to buy a replacement board.
Also, which I have done in that situation, install a 5.25" drive bay with USB and audio jacks and connect it to the motherboard USB and audio headers.
Like this one by Coboc

Solution