Question Broken pwm pins on gpu

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
Hi all
The 1 set of pwm pins on my gpus pcb snapped.My gpu has 2 fans, but for some reason 1 doesnt seem to work without the second.(so basically i have no cooling now).Is there any way that i could repair this without soldering or buying a new fan controller?Thanks in advance

"Is there any way that i could repair this without soldering or buying a new fan controller? "
Not that I can think of.
Without a fan controller....you need to get those fan wires connected to where those pins were....and the only way I can see them staying there.....is with solder.
You might be able to pick up a cheap soldering iron and solder them back....but if you aren't good at soldering...I would practice on a few other things first.

Idea about soldering wires to broken connector remains is correct. However please avoid simple walmart soldering irons without temperature control. It is direct way how to overheat and destroy the GPU board. Soldering irons with temperature control are pretty cheap nowadays. Also don't forget about flux. Or better give yhe board to somebody with proper soldering tools

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
I have never soldered before and do not know anyone who has.I dont want to cause any damage to the card.
i want to stick to buying a fan controller.I was wondering if that fan controller would work without pwm from the motherboard
Thanks in advance

I don't think getting the second fan running with an outside connection is going to work.
The graphics card is sensing that one of it's fans is not working.
I would not trust myself to attempt such a solder task.
Find a shop that has the expertise to do the job.
Or, decide it is time for a gpu upgrade.

Reactions: Krotow

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
I cannot afford a new graphics card.As geofelt said, one fan doesnt spin without the other.Would a fan controller for both fans be ok?
This way i can get the problem fixed for ~£16