[SOLVED] Broken Raid 0 Array

Nov 15, 2019
K, I think I have a unique problem, because I cannot find an answer for it anywhere online no matter how I phrase this bloody question.

I have two Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Black (STDA4000100), both of which turned out to contain two 2 terabyte hard drives sandwitched together and ran under the RAID 0 format. Both these drives suffered from the same failure, that being that the original enclosures became loose and got ripped out, making it so that they were unreadable. I searched around online and was told that I could simply get a new enclosure to read the data again, so I got a SSD USB RAID Enclosure Storage - GLOTRENDS 25R-S 2 Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive RAID Enclosure Storage for 2.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD, Silver Aluminum Case, but after plugging in the drives and setting it to RAID 0, it would not read the datay at all.

I have looked online to see if I was doing something wrong, but have since found no answers, so I decided to come here to see if anyone may have a solution, or if the data is lost for good.

Solution
  1. You needed an identical enclosure.
  2. RAID 0 should never be run without a comprehensive backup routine.
  3. In the consumer space, RAID 0 is rarely the answer.