Question Brothers and sisters, I need a budget graphic card recommendation for my wife's system! thanks in advance good people :)

Dec 20, 2022
The spec of her pc is-
processor - ryzen 3200 G
gpu - stock ryzen radeon vega 8
motherboard -A320 Gigabyte
ram - 8gig (would add another 8gig stick)

edit - She needs a graphic card for at least 1080p medium-setting AAA gameplay with decent enough frames.
psu - fusion 500w

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022
Why does your system need a graphics card?
Is integrated graphics unable to do, what you require?
What is model name of PSU in your pc? Model name is printed on info label on PSU.
Why does your system need a graphics card?
Is integrated graphics unable to do, what you require?
What is model name of PSU in your pc? Model name is printed on info label on PSU.
I've edited my post 👍

psu - fusion 500w
This thing? That is essentially 400W PSU.
What is your budget for GPU upgrade?

ac-fusion550.jpg

https://www.quietpc.com/ac-fusion550rf

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
What SkyNetRising mentioned in that price range.

But, if the expectation is AAA-gaming with new-ish releases, 4 GB is pretty much the minimum for a game such as Watch Dogs: Legion, and the minimum requirement for some new games may increase. So depending on the specific gaming expectations, as a rough guideline, 4GB may be plenty, or it may not be enough.

500w psu, where does it lies? manufacturer is seasonic btw

Here:

https://www.quietpc.com/ac-fusion550rf

It has old design, dual rails which do not equal 34 amps, probably nearer to 28-30amps. It has more current available on the 3.3v and 5v rails than each of the two single rails at 12v and is essentially about 400 watts at that 12v.

To call it a 500 watt power supply is misleading, it's nearer 400 watts for 12v, which a graphics card needs. It's crap, Seasonic and all other so-called 'top' power supply manufacturers have their turds too, much like products such as Aerocool and Thermaltake, which are generally regarded mainly as having turds in their lineup, now and then have a decent one.