BSOD 0xA0000001 error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

karanmalushte

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Hello all,

I have been facing this problem since the last 4 months. the BSOD error says 0xA0000001.

Initially i got BSOD while rendering on 3ds Max and Vray. But now even while my PC is idle it crashes down. What could be the reason causing it?

My desktop configuration is as follows:
Windows 8 OS 64 bit
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T processor 3.2ghz
ASUS Motherboard : M4A88TD-V Series
HIS Ati Radeon 6950 2GB
8 GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws
2 nos of 1TB HARD DISK

AntonM95

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
sorry about that : Reinstall OS again (Clean install by formatting and start setup from windows DVD)
and see if it worked but at first make a backup for your current system then if it came again you don't have to stay with the new OS and the problem stay !!

zambasdvd

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Hi, If you still having this error try this as this was the fault for the same error on my pc.
I have a modular psu and i've changed the gpu power wires to a different rail. Either the rails were overloading or the plug had maybe dust and there was a loose connection.
All this ,at least to my perception, points to a psu giving incorrect power to gpu error somewhere. Maybe also you need a better quality power supply or a stronger one.
My specs are: x58 chipset, i7 980x, gigabyte r9 290 liquid cooled, 1kw psu platinum, 1 x 256gb ssd
So you see for me it was the psu but it was not faulty. The fix is holding for 1 month and still goes.
Hope i helped