BSod after removing AVG

Knyghte

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
I recently had a new system built. I installed AVG on it but had issues with the install and of course was unable to get a clean uninstall. I was finally able to remove it but since then, everytime I try to use a browser I end up with a BSoD. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without formatting and starting over?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download Who crashed (on another PC) and put it on USB, and install it on PC that is getting error - it will create a summary of the error. Copy the summary into wordpad, save file onto USB and then on a PC with internet, open the file and copy/paste summary into here, and I will how I can help :)

Knyghte

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 1/23/2017 4:37:57 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012317-5562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x15F665)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFF8F8ED7FAA420, 0xFFFF8F8ED7FAA440, 0x4020008)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 1/23/2017 4:37:57 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x6BF3)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFF8F8ED7FAA420, 0xFFFF8F8ED7FAA440, 0x4020008)
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys .
Google query: mwac.sys BAD_POOL_HEADER

On Sun 1/22/2017 11:39:14 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012217-5281-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFDF87A8D44DB0, 0xFFFFDF87A8D44DD0, 0x4020008)
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 1/22/2017 11:32:43 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012217-5250-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFAB0005DF9940, 0xFFFFAB0005DF9960, 0x402000C)

On Sun 1/22/2017 11:20:20 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012217-5203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFD30E0E1D2300, 0xFFFFD30E0E1D2320, 0x402000D)

8 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

mwac.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I would remove or update malwarebytes web access control.
then go to your motherboard vendors website and update your network driver as a first attempt as a fix.

all bugchecks were in network code, but something is changing the pool header size incorrectly.
a pool header is just a data structure used by device drivers to track memory use by drivers.

update the network drivers first (it can be any network driver, wireless, bluetooth, or LAN driver)

if you can not figure it out, then you have to run verifer.exe to have the system bugcheck when the pool is first corrupted rather than
when the pool block is reused.

Knyghte

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
After running Who Crashed I read through the report and uninstalled Malwarebytes. Since doing so I have not experienced another BSoD, though it is still early in the process. I checked for updates to drivers for network adapters and found none, however I when I opened Device Manager the tab for network adapters was opened and has 12 options. Periodically I am having connection based issues where I lose connection but the internet access listing in the systray says I am connected. If I disconnect I have problems getting it to reconnect. So all these things tie in with what you are suggesting about a network issue. I am not sure where to go next with this.

old network drivers can cause the malwarebytes driver to crash. it gets the blame when the network driver is often the actual source of the bug. Just fyi.

Knyghte

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Yeah, but this is a brand new system, up and running for less than a week. So the question is what to do with the anomalies in the network driver listing.

you would just update the network drivers from the motherboard vendors website.
you would also make sure the current driver is the selected one to be used on your system.
Some setup programs do not set the new driver as the default driver for your hardware.

these show up in the memory dump when you look at the driver list.

you could also run verifier.exe to set some debug settings to force the system to bugcheck when a driver does something wrong.