BSOD after replacing new MB and video card

lawlumad

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Guys, please help. I 've trying search for solutions and done many different things but it did not work.

Old computer components:
Power: TX 650
MB: ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen 3
GPU: Gtx 560 TI
HD: 128 gb ssd, 1tb 7200 rpm hhd, 1tb hybrid hhd
Window 7

So, my GPU burned out, i replaced MB and GPU:
New MB: MSI z97 Gaming 3
GPU: Radeon R9 200 black edition.

I use SSD as my primary driver, i keep getting BSOD. Everytime the comp reboots, the code A2 appears for couple seconds but window still boot normally. I also tried to install Window 7 on my Hybrid HHD. Then i proceeded to unplug all the drives and tried to boot them separately. Whether it was booted with SSD or HHD or hybrid, after awhile i still get BSOD or frozen and then a short code A2 followed after reboot.
I updated to the latest drivers with advance driver updater. Is there any suggestion?
Thank you

Solution
I'm not sure i'm following what you're even talking about.

1) you replaced more then the motherboard and gpu~ that new motherboard is completely incompatible with the old CPU, so you had to have replaced the cpu as well; can you tell us what cpu you got?
2) which r9-2xx series gpu did you get? this is an important question
3) did you install windows fresh when you replaced the motherboard/cpu/gpu?
4) what is your ram?
5) are you sure you don't have a virus? advance driver updater sounds like an adware/malware delivery vehicle to me.

frankly several things could be causing your issue and you've not given us enough of the "right" information to figure it out... yet. right now i have several prime suspects in mind. not one of...
I'm not sure i'm following what you're even talking about.

1) you replaced more then the motherboard and gpu~ that new motherboard is completely incompatible with the old CPU, so you had to have replaced the cpu as well; can you tell us what cpu you got?
2) which r9-2xx series gpu did you get? this is an important question
3) did you install windows fresh when you replaced the motherboard/cpu/gpu?
4) what is your ram?
5) are you sure you don't have a virus? advance driver updater sounds like an adware/malware delivery vehicle to me.

frankly several things could be causing your issue and you've not given us enough of the "right" information to figure it out... yet. right now i have several prime suspects in mind. not one of them is your hard drives/ssd/sshd

Solution

lawlumad

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I forgot to mention... when i took out the GPU, I accidentally cracked my MB so i had to buy a new one. My old CPU isnt compatible with the new MB , i gave it to my friend and bought a new one, i5-4690.
2> I got the VGA XFX|R9-280A-TDBD R9 280 3GD5 RT
3> I used the old window but it got crashed many time so i install new windows
4> RAM: 16 GB 1600 mhz
5> Im only using MES as my antivirus.

Microsoft security essentials is little better then no antivirus.

download malwarebytes and give your computer a scan. lets start with that.

actually also download the tweeking.com windows all-in-one repair utility. and do every single step in it, even the optional ones. lets eliminate some possible issues up front.

lawlumad

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I tried what you suggested, still got the crashes. I notice that if i open lot of application and then if i open a movie, it easily crashes. PC will then reboot with A2 code for about couple seconds and start normally.
Does this have anything to do with the video card? I updated the driver to latest one from AMD already

you could try uninstalling the video driver and all AMD CCC software, rebooting your pc; and try installing it again.

A2 gets shown on a successful boot on an MSI motherboard. If it hangs and fails to boot while showing A2 then you have a hard drive problem, if the computer boots successfully then A2 means nothing.

can you post your crash dump file? Blue screen crashes typically are driver related, though sometimes they can be RAM related as well. how about we start figuring this one out a little more seriously. post the crashdump, lets see what's happening in your system when you bluescreen

lawlumad

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I apologize for my slow response, i work 12 hrs a day and its hard to get on it.
How do i locate and upload crash dump file? I searched and changed the location to C:\windows\ but after the crash i couldnt find any file. Would you mind showing me around?

I was able to locate some .dmp file but the file was modified a week ago so i dont think it's related to today? Correct me if im wrong. I uploaded a screenshot.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1216x684q90/673/PLTUqB.png
I have 2 windows running btw
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1216x684q90/538/Kx3ufP.png
Thank you

TRENDING THREADS