Question BSoD and crashes in Windows 10 after installing a new memory on the same frequency

Dec 14, 2019
I have a question and a concern.

First of all, I want to mention that I wanted to upgrade my PC the hardware. My motherboard supports up to 32 GB of memory. Currently I have 8GB. So I bought another 8GB RAM. The memory Brand I bought is G.skill 8GB 2133 Mhz, CL.15 1.2 V (manufactured by Samsung) I mention that it has exactly the same frequency, same brand and same latency. After I installed the new RAM memory I bought in the second slot I received a lot of crashes BSoD's and crash in apps after installing the second RAM memory.
I did many memory testes. I also did a memtest86plus test. It took 3 hours to test the entire memory of my PC and yet, this test did not identify any error in RAM memory even with Memtest. So it said I have no problems with both RAM memory.
I also ran a memory test with Windows memory diagnostic tool but the both tests said I have no errors. No errors in HDD too.
The memory I bought is on a frequency of 2133 mhz CL 15 1.2 v the same as what I have and the same brand. I checked in Bios if both channels are on automatic anmd yes are.
And yet I do not understand why. Maybe you have an explanation for why you are much better at everything hardware. I do not know. I have no explanation, is beyond me this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together. Since you can make any combinations you want, you can do your own compatibility testing to see how that kind of combination works with no guarantees.

Dec 14, 2019
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together. Since you can make any combinations you want, you can do your own compatibility testing to see how that kind of combination works with no guarantees.
How are those compatibility tests done? I want to know. Can you explain me? What are those tests?
And why memory is not compatible? As I said above. It's just like what I have. The same RAM memory with the same frequency, latency, voltage. The same brand G.Skill.

Dec 15, 2019
I had the Same Issue. Try Going into your BIOS and turning your voltage up from 1.2 to 1.30 or even 1.33. You could use Thaiphoon Burner to pull the information from your ram, and use Ryzen DRAM calculator to manually set up timings and stuff.
My build is a Ryzen 2600, Asrock A320M-HDV 3.0, Corsair 2666Mhz ram, After doing some research all I needed to do was increase the voltage .1 volt. you might try that and see if that will at least make your system stable. You still have to be careful because you there is a maximum safe voltage. Mine was calculated at 1.33v without actually changing timings and other things (I just wanted to make my system stable). Also you need to know if your ram is Single or dual Rank. The board only supports Dual Rank memory in both slots at 2400 Mhz (according to the manual) Thaiphoon burner will tell you that (http://www.softnology.biz/files.html <- there is the link to the software
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bekQTRnzY&feature=emb_logo
<- A link on how to use it with the Ryzen DRAM Calculator https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ <-Link to DRAM Calculator)
I am by no means an expert I just know it worked for me (after a bit of research) and my system is running stable now. And you can run Memtest when you are done and let that run overnight if needed.
HOPE THIS HELPS!

Last edited:
I have a question and a concern.

First of all, I want to mention that I wanted to upgrade my PC the hardware. My motherboard supports up to 32 GB of memory. Currently I have 8GB. So I bought another 8GB RAM. The memory Brand I bought is G.skill 8GB 2133 Mhz, CL.15 1.2 V (manufactured by Samsung) I mention that it has exactly the same frequency, same brand and same latency. After I installed the new RAM memory I bought in the second slot I received a lot of crashes BSoD's and crash in apps after installing the second RAM memory.
I did many memory testes. I also did a memtest86plus test. It took 3 hours to test the entire memory of my PC and yet, this test did not identify any error in RAM memory even with Memtest. So it said I have no problems with both RAM memory.
I also ran a memory test with Windows memory diagnostic tool but the both tests said I have no errors. No errors in HDD too.
The memory I bought is on a frequency of 2133 mhz CL 15 1.2 v the same as what I have and the same brand. I checked in Bios if both channels are on automatic anmd yes are.
And yet I do not understand why. Maybe you have an explanation for why you are much better at everything hardware. I do not know. I have no explanation, is beyond me this problem.

Thank you in advance.
Can you list the model numbers of both kits from the packaging? If not, you can download and install CPU-Z and get the part number from SPD tab and drop down box and list them here or take a screenshot of the CPU-Z window showing one module from both kits.

Dec 14, 2019
Can you list the model numbers of both kits from the packaging? If not, you can download and install CPU-Z and get the part number from SPD tab and drop down box and list them here or take a screenshot of the CPU-Z window showing one module from both kits.
Thank you for the reply.
Unfortunately I no longer have this RAM module in the PC. The reasons are simple. I don't want to damage my PC. I tried when I had to enter various applications, I had no luck. I couldn't do anything. I received many blue screen errors (Bsod). However, I managed to look in Aida64 and Cpuz to see if he sees them.In Aida64 at the SPD section he wrote that it is manufactured by Samsung (Manufactured by Samsung) (the one bought by me). G.Skill 8 GB DDR4, 1.5 latency, 1.2 volts. The one that came by default by the company where I bought the Desktop PC is DRAM Manufacturer SK hynix. ( DRAM Manufacturer SK hynix). I am sorry because I did not succeed to made screenshots when I had this RAM memory inserted in PC. As I remember is the same like the Ram module which came by default when I bought the PC. I assure you the only one difference consists in (manufactured by Samsung), Module Type Unbuffered DIMM, Module Name G Skill Value F4-2133C15-8GNT, Memory Speed DDR4-2133 (1066 MHz) so specifications are the same, the code product, latency, voltage, frequency. I am surprised because I did a memtest86plus and it didn't find me any error in 3 hours of test.