BSOD and dump

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014

it's not a driver? you assume it's a ram?
and you mean to do memtest yes?

the bugcheck was in your virtual memory system, it could just be a ram timing problem but it is more likely to be a problem with your storage subsystem .

I would be looking at updating your sata drivers for your motherboard, maybe put your drive on a different sata sata port or sata controller. you might even look for updated firmware for your SSD, make sure your drive is not full up and run crystaldiskinfo.exe to confirm your drive is not kicking out errors. If you are running custom samsung software, I would update it or remove it.

you might also find that deleting your virtual memory could help (c:\pagefile.sys hidden file)
you would go into control panel and disable virtual memory, reboot, delete file, and re enable virtual memory to create a new one.
you might also find that the problem can be fixed if you go into bios and let the system sit with power on for a few hours. this can give the SSD firmware time to do its garbage collection and drive repairs while it is not being used by the operating system.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
any failure in memtest is a problem, you would normally update the BIOS and retest with memtest.
the bios update will give you the best chance of passing memtest.
if it fails after the bios update then you have to manually check the BIOS memory timings. Generally, I find that the command rate is wrong in bios.

both of the photos showed bit errors. check the command rate for your memory and make sure it is set correctly in bios.
(it is often the first of the secondary timings denoted as 2t or 2n)

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
ok , so the bios is up to the latest version according to asus drivers.
can you explain t ome please how to do these step:
manually check the BIOS memory timings. Generally, I find that the command rate is wrong in bios.

both of the photos showed bit errors. check the command rate for your memory and make sure it is set correctly in bios.
(it is often the first of the secondary timings denoted as 2t or 2n)

attached here images from the bios (the extreme tweaker mode is corrently unchanged)
https://ibb.co/j8j5GQ
https://ibb.co/b61KbQ
https://ibb.co/grpGO5
https://ibb.co/ckkO35
thank you

in your screen shot it is called
"dram Command Rate" set both channel A and channel B to 2 rather than auto
and see if that helps.
most system set it to 1 but some memory sticks actually require it to be set to 2T (2 clock ticks per command)

generally, these values get updated over time with the BIOS updated and expansion of the memory compatibility list.
Almost all of the vendors start with 1T and add the refined timings during the board production and shipping.

if you can isolate a bad ram stick, you may find that placing it in the slot that is closest to the CPU and it might work. you could also try a slower ram speed to see if you can get rid of the problem.
------
reset the BIOS to defaults or update it to the current version and re run the memtest86
you might have a ram profile you can select or you might have to look up your ram timings and make sure they are correctly set in bios.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
so i did install the latest version (even though i have it) + did reset and than run the memtest and still i got red lines.
also yesterday i install the bad ram near the CPU and did run the memtest and i got the same results
and i didn't understand yet if these is a problem of the ram or the bios?
about the timings, there is point to change them again? now they are on 2 as you said, i don't know if these was help or not but i know that i didn't got any BSOD from the time i was change it but..the memtest still red

well, the memtest showed bit errors when a pattern of bits were applied
basically they wrote something like 10101010 but got 10101011
that means the charge in the electronics leaked from on capacitor to the one next to it.
It is a common failure of ram. I have seen estimates that as much as 6 % of new ram will fail this test.

if you isolate the ram and test each stick and it still fails (at the same memory locations) I would replace it.
The ram will cause problems with windows but in the old days people did not let windows sleep very long with out rebooting. Often the machine would crash due this type of error once in about 8 or 9 hours. Windows has to put something critical on the bad spot in ram before it would have a problem. Because of all the malware and virus/hack programs windows now does checks on its components in memory and if it finds one has been modified in any way it will call a bugcheck. Windows only check certain areas in so if the memory is used by an app the app my not work as expected. since the newer systems sleep, the are actually paged to the hard drive and the modified code caused by the memory failure get saved to your hidden c:\pagefile.sys and mistakes will be reloaded back into memory even if it is loaded into a good portion of memory. It makes a mess, you have to delete the hidden pagefile and create a new one after you fix the RAM problem. My wife had this problem on her machine, I just ended up pulling its memory and put the memory from my machine in it so she would not have to deal with her machine crashing.
by the way: her memory worked without errors on my machine.

I would pull the memory and look for new memory that has faster timings or set your current memory to a slower clock and see if you can get it to pass memtest. if you can not, just replace the memory.

I7210I

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
i tried once to run the memtest while the ram is in the same places, the same stick always fail.
about the pagefile, in windows 10 (that i have) when you cancel the option to save these file it's deleted isn't it? cause also when you unhide the hidden files you can't see it
it may that delete the file will help? cause i didn't saw the file after cancelling the option for pagefile

and i love your explain, thanks for that
by the way these is the sticks that i have
http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/bls2cp8g3d1609ds1s00ceu
also it's under warrently :)

if you can get a RMA on the memory I would do the exchange.

on some systems when you turn off the virtual memory, it will delete your c:\pagefile.sys I think on older versions of windows you had to unhide it and delete it manually.