BSoD Can't reach safemode at all.

camo9741

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Long story short here I downloaded a sketchy program and got a crap load of malware. Uninstalled it and restarted. Still there. Went to safe mode, uninstalled it, and it was still there. Downloaded revo, tried unistalling stuff and revo was closing before it could do it. Went into safe mode with revo uninstalled the programs (which was like MPC and some other things it kept trying to install), deleted the files to them, ran the revo junk remover, and then restarted PC in normal boot and now I get constant network has stopped working popping up exactly 5 times everytime and BSoD about 1 min after load into windows. Try to do msconfig to get safe mode again but it BSoD everytime I clicked restart on it. Tried pressing F8 but it kept taking me to choose which drive to boot from or to go to BIOS. Software is my weak point so I don't know what I did wrong. I couldn't figure it out so I reinstalled windows on the SSD and grabbed all the .dmp files from Windows.old. Here is a link to all the .dmp files I pulled https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5i7gk0sq2rviyh/AADecL7wh4W-QevrMJDcraaIa?dl=0 I really want to be able to fix the windows.old and load it back up as default if there is any way I can do that let me know. My PC was running fine prior to today for a solid 3+ months without a single hiccup like this.

PC Specs are as follows

i7 4790k
Asus maximus VII gene
32gb of Kingston fury 2133 mhz
MSI gtx 970 100 ME
Samsung 850 EVO 500 gb for OS drive
WD Black 2TB for mass storage
1200w Corsair PSU

Any and all help is appreciated and if I can't get Windows.old fixed and back to running then oh well.. Thank you in advance gents.

Solution
Or remove the hdd put it in a working system then scan it. Theres a few ntfs stop errors. So it maybe affecting the hdd

It'll be this netutils program you downloaded that installed, that maybe causing the prob

Or go to the advanced option after pressing F8. Select Last Known Good Configuration

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Download malwarebytes from a different source to USB. Stick it in the affected pc and install. Most of that junk ware is a lie. If you hit the deny or cancel or exit, is the same as saying yes so it's constantly adding new junk to the pc. Use alt-ctrl-del task manager to close everything. Run the malwarebytes.

this is why we keep backups on backup hard drives. you'd be able to restore windows from one if you kept them.

Unfortunately pulling files off the old drive/windows install won't work. the software, hardware/drivers will need to be reinstalled, YOU CAN pull your personal files out of your old user account (c:\users\username\)

your big problem is Revo is NOT an antivirus. Download malwarebytes, run it, download adwcleaner, run it. that will be a good place to start.

camo9741

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012

Just downloaded it on affected computer and am using it on the new install of Windows 7 to scan my SSD including windows.old. Will report finding but will this fix any registry errors found just in case I deleted something I needed like an idiot?

camo9741

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012

Yea I goofed.. I said in my head too "I should make a backup".. pay the price I guess. And I'm fine with reinstalling drivers I just want settings and the programs from it or is that not possible.

Or remove the hdd put it in a working system then scan it. Theres a few ntfs stop errors. So it maybe affecting the hdd

It'll be this netutils program you downloaded that installed, that maybe causing the prob

Or go to the advanced option after pressing F8. Select Last Known Good Configuration

Solution