[SOLVED] BSOD: "Clock Watchdog Timeout" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2316159

Hi, i'm facing some issues. I was setting my Windows and out of the sudden a BSOD occured. I tried to run Prime95 SmallFFT and after 20 minutes, i got the same BSOD. I had the CPU undervolted by -0.050v offset for 2 months and nothing happened. Now, i'm running Prime95 again, without UV the CPU and it's fine... For now. I have an 11600K on an ASUS TUF WiFi Z590, 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro at 3200MHz, an H115i RGB PRO XT, a SATA SSD Samsung EVO 860 1TB, two NVMe, one is a WD SN750 SE 500GB PCIe 4.0 and another is a WD SN550 1TB. My PSU is a Seasonic GX850 and the GPU that i could afford was the 3060 12GB GDDR6.
Could it be the -0.050v offset UV or what? Thanks in advance.

Microsoft says this: The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check has a value of 0x00000101. This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.

Bug Check using BlueScreen Viewer: View: https://imgur.com/a/GxvG0nw

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

D

Deleted member 2316159

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Hi, thanks for you answer. I found the issue. The 0.050v negative offset was causing the problem. I set it to -0.025v and now it's running fine. When it was at -0.050v running prime95 it crashes after 20 mins. I ran with -0.025v for 2 hours and nothing occured. Same with CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.