Question BSOD connected with memory

sasa1003992

Reputable
Mar 15, 2018
Hello, I am having a problem for more than half a year. About 10 months ago I bought the new PC (everything but SSD and HDD). I didn't format the existing storage units because of files I had on them, and instead I let win10 recognize the new software and configure the windows on it's own. From the day one, I am getting BSODs that are connected to memory management. Windows and all the drivers are updated as soon as they are released, no third party downloaders, straight from manufacturers websites.

What I noticed is that I get BSOD about every 2nd or 3rd day, BSODs are random, no matter if PC is idle or in use.

What is important to know is that the BSOD is not so sudden, I always get errors from chrome before BSOD occurs. So at first it's a random "Aw snap" message from Chrome, then in next 15-30 minutes, errors are more and more present up to the point where BSOD occurs. Similar things happens with programs or games I am using, they crash few times before the PC crashes.

I am using 2x16gb ram, so I am certain that I don't just run out of memory from 2-3 chrome tabs open. I have tried switching slots, and using only one stick at the time, no change.

I did every single memory test and there was no errors found on any of them. Only thing that I find odd is that standby memory list takes up around 26Gb+ prior to crash, while in use around 4-5gb. So it might be some kind of standby malfunction, however I used RamMap few times to clear the standby but it didn't affect the crash. Once the "Aw Snap" errors start to roll, nothing stops the crash in next 15-30 minutes, not even restarting the PC, I even tested this by shutting down PC for 12 hours the moment I saw the first "Aw snap" message, after I turned it on, it worked for around 5 minutes and BSOD happened.

Did this happened to anybody before. Does this sound like a software issue?

sasa1003992

Reputable
Mar 15, 2018
Specs:

Ryzen 3700x
2x16gb kingston hyperx
b450 tomahawk max
rx480 nitro +
power supply: 650w

Zero overclocking, I prefer stable lower performance, PC is used mostly for work and some low end games nowhere near the spec maximum. (Rocket League, Diablo3, Witcher3)