BSOD Critical Process Died

zhiffy

Commendable
Mar 17, 2018
I installed new components to my computer and when I launch my computer, I am greeted with the blue screen of death and the stop code is critical process died. Although before this, I had different stop code errors such as AODdriver2.sys and 0xc00000f. I tried troubleshooting those errors and it brought me to the one where I am currently stuck in, critical process died. Unlike the other errors, I can’t acess safe mode or advanced system settings to trouble shoot this. When I am on the blue screen that shows recovery and start up settings, I chose f5 (Enable Safe Mode with Networking) and it just brings me back to the critical process died stop code error. Long story short, it is an infinite loop.

I am 100% fine with reinstalling windows but I am uncertain of how I can reinstall Windows if I can’t even access safe mode.

Specs
- B350 Plus Asus Motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Nvidia GTX 1050
- Ripjaw 2x4 RAM
- 1 TB HDD
- EVGA 600 80+ Bronze
I’m guessing this might be a problem with my hard drive but I might be wrong. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Colif

Win 11 Master
some processes are so critical windows cannot startup without them, even in safe mode

Don't need safe mode to reinstall windows 10, just need a USB and access to bios

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Is there anything on C you want to keep?
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second

boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Otherwise

boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html
when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished