BSOD for a couple months, need input

Sietod

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Hey folks, I've been getting blue screens for like six months now, attempted to google and find answers and have attempted many fixes but no luck. Any chance I can get some help here? My latest endeavor (Update BIOS) has led me to a dead end that says my BIOS is up to date.

Here is the first five lines of the Event Viewer:
BugcheckCode 292
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0xffffc48b4cdb1028
BugcheckParameter3 0xbf800000
BugcheckParameter4 0x124

I also have the minidump file but am unsure how to upload to this site.

Solution
the memory dumps are too big to post here. you have to copy them to a server like Microsoft onedrive, or google docs. share the files as public then post a link in the thread.

each motherboard has its own overclocking settings in BIOS. Sometimes you can just reset it to defaults, sometimes you have to figure out how to disable the automatic overclocking. try and google your motherboard model + how to disable overclocking.

code 292 = hex 0x124 = WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

parameter 1= 0 means that the CPU called the bugcheck.

generally this happens if the CPU overheats, or if the CPU gets bad voltages applied to the CPU pins.
OR the motherboard detects too much power being used by the PCI/e bus and it resets the CPU.

generally, I would have to look at the minidump file to take a guess at to the likely cause.

most of the time it is caused by overclocking software running or overclocked GPU using too much power.
(or a under rated power supply) on older systems, dust in the fans just cause components to heat up too much and that causes power problems (just blow out the dust)

Sietod

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
I will be completely honest, my MOBO comes with default overclocking software that I'm not sure how to disable, and when I go into BIOS there's a ton of options so I haven't really messed with it for fear of frying something. Any idea what I should look for to turn off overclocking, and is there any way to post the minidump here?

the memory dumps are too big to post here. you have to copy them to a server like Microsoft onedrive, or google docs. share the files as public then post a link in the thread.

each motherboard has its own overclocking settings in BIOS. Sometimes you can just reset it to defaults, sometimes you have to figure out how to disable the automatic overclocking. try and google your motherboard model + how to disable overclocking.

Solution