BSOD/Hanging during burning

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I try to burn a CD or simulate burning on my toshiba DVD/CD RWdrive and i get a BSODF or my system hangs. It was working on a previous installation of windows (i am running Me and it worked on ME too) have you got any ideas before i reinstall? I am running the latest version of nero 5.5
Thanks
Chris

PS does anyone know where to get firmware for this drive as on the toshiba website they only say drivers - but nero says if i update the firmware i get CD Text writing, (whats this?) but i may as well as i like to keep things up to date

Oh as well as this it also sometimes turns off my computer, do you think that it could be a lack of power causing this problem? I am running on a 250W PSU with a very hungry system while i wait for my 300W to be returned after it blew up
============================================================
A Life, where can i download one of those from?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Killerkris on 06/06/01 10:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Is this an Athlon system, or a VIA based system? I saw this on some friend's computers (Asus A7V). I resolved it by uninstalling VIA service pack and reinstalling them without enabling DMA. If you own this board, it might be a good idea to upgrade to the latest BIOS revision.

Hope that helps.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

TRENDING THREADS