[SOLVED] Bsod help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doomvor

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
So i just recently reformatted my hdd due to bluescreens from "attempted_switch_from_dpc" and started using an ssd , i have recently encountered the error again but it seems to only happen when i am using discord, any idea what could be causing this, i am thinking it might be my sound card drivers (as i am using a now discontinued sound blaster recon3di).

I can provide a few dmp files if necessary as well as any other information that could be helpful.

I am using a fairly outdated mobo (g1. sniper z97 with a 4790k and a 5700xt) I've done all the normal tests such as memory and chkdsk scans as well as dism and have come up with no irregularities.

It happens more often when i am streaming/watching a stream on discord but does happen every now and again when just using discord in general. I've narrowed it down to basically discord being the culprit but i am unsure as to why it is the culprit.

Sometimes it happens when i'm playing a game, sometimes it just happens randomly, it's not very consistent.

the dmp files indicate the issue is possibly all over the place (its indicated ndis.sys or ntkrnlmp.exe on different occasions), it makes no real sense to me.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anwg_zGu6cDVhiMbPXgPnfyUbt9t?e=iv5Xh5
This is a onedrive of my most recent minidump of the bluescreen due to edf5.exe while i was streaming on discord.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Doomvor

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
I haven't had a bluescreen since Friday, however once it reaches Friday again I'll know for certain that the pc is fixed, I believe the culprit was my Steelseries drivers or a combination of my audio, network and keyboard drivers, everything seemed to be working fine after I reinstalled them. I've been attempting to stress test the pc and do all the things that would normally crash it and its been fine so far. I'll update on Friday, if I don't bluescreen by then I'll consider it fixed, thank you again for all your help.