[SOLVED] bsod Intel turbo boost

Mgwhitt

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! pc been running well for months with it disabled.

Mgwhitt

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
@Colif havent spoken in some time.... link to on old post to refresh memory..https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/stop-code-whea-bsod.3514678/... im not asking you to go over it again.. i finally figured out that intel turbo boost is the culprit to my bsod .. was just interested if you have have seen anything like this

Colif

Win 11 Master
oh, a 6 page post.. runs away :)

given it took 6 pages to solve, anything is possible. You could ask @Darkbreeze although he may not want to know either :)

i assume you run intel processor diagnostic tool and Prime 95 in that thread, as it might be the CPU itself that is the cause. If it runs fine without turbo boost, it could be.. turbo boost doesn't add that much and you need specific situations for it to even work. Your CPU has same speed as mine (well, I do have a 4690K so it makes sense) and iit only boosts it too 3.9ghz anyway.

could be motherboard as well. chipset drivers maybe?

Run Intel processor diagnostic tool. If it's turbo boost related then it's either a bad motherboard or bad CPU. Nothing else can really have a direct relationship with boost behavior. Bent pins, standoff under motherboard in the wrong spot, bad CPU, just plain bad motherboard, bad BIOS firmware or BIOS ROM, faulty chipset driver installation. These are all things you've already looked at I think, so I'd run the diagnostic tool and see what it says.