Question Bsod internal_power_error

Dec 25, 2019
Internal_POWER_ERROR Loading screen freezes when booting Into windows

Hello! I just built a new pc with some parts used before. My ssd and hard drive is from an old Lenovo prebuilt. I have formatted my ssd (boot drive) but not the hard drive. When it’s searching for a bootable drive it takes longer than usual and sometimes freezes when showing the gigabyte logo. I look in blue screen view and it says internal_power_error. What could be the problem?

Colif

Win 11 Master
It isn't a normal BSOD to see.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Have you changed boot order so ssd is first?

Perhaps boot from installer USB and run chkdsk on the hdd -
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
chkdsk X: /f /r (X being drive letter of hdd, change it to match)

that might fix errors.

Dec 25, 2019
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2dd...gnnwmh,1x92vjfzsj3y8u3,2fyqupzu8mtqkor/shared
I got a new bsod while testing the pc. I have had irql_not_less_or_equal once but this had something to do with a driver. People on reddit suggested it was my ram that was causing irql_not_less_or_equal. So i returned it yesterday. So its a completley new ram kit.
SSD is chosen as boot priority #1.
Before my bios was update i couldnt boot into windows without having to go into bios and choose a blank space. If i chose the ssd it would say no bootable media found. It fixed it self after the bios update but as i said is searching for a bootable drive longer than usual. My boot override is set to my sshd first. i dont know what that is. I have ran chdisk on my pc and there were no errors. I suspect it could be my 1tb harddrive that is not formatted from my last pc that is causing al these problems? I've tried to solve this for over 2 months now but nothing seems to help.
I will try chdisk on a bootable drive and se if it helps.
Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you run it on an ssd, don't use the /r on chkdsk as it stands for repair sectors and ssd don't have sectors

run chkdsk X: /f on ssd

I will ask a friend to look at dumps, it should tell us motherboard info, but in case it doesn't, can you tell me which you have?

Dec 25, 2019
if you run it on an ssd, don't use the /r on chkdsk as it stands for repair sectors and ssd don't have sectors

run chkdsk X: /f on ssd

I will ask a friend to look at dumps, it should tell us motherboard info, but in case it doesn't, can you tell me which you have?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 HD3
My ssd is named C so chkdsk c:/f

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you also give me a screenshot of disk management? I have this sneaking feeling your boot sector is on the sshd (the 1tb drive) and that could be reason its so slow.
right click start
choose disk management
expand the following window to show all the columns
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website like imgur and show link here

Its normally a good idea to install win 10 with only 1 drive attached, as Windows has a habit of putting its boot partition on other drives if given the choice. That would explain this -
.My boot override is set to my sshd first. i dont know what that is.

sshd are hybrid hdd., They have a small super fast cache on them and a slow hdd, the cache is used for files used all the time...

I think your boot partition is on the "empty" 1tb drive.

Dec 25, 2019
can you also give me a screenshot of disk management? I have this sneaking feeling your boot sector is on the sshd (the 1tb drive) and that could be reason its so slow.
right click start
choose disk management
expand the following window to show all the columns
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website like imgur and show link here

Its normally a good idea to install win 10 with only 1 drive attached, as Windows has a habit of putting its boot partition on other drives if given the choice. That would explain this -

sshd are hybrid hdd., They have a small super fast cache on them and a slow hdd, the cache is used for files used all the time...

I think your boot partition is on the "empty" 1tb drive.

View: https://imgur.com/xpIfeXG

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, the page file is on the 1tb drive, not the boot partition. you can move that in windows.

right click start
choose run...
copy/paste this in
SystemPropertiesAdvanced
and press enter.

click settings under Performance
in next window, click advanced tab
click change under virtual memory
if you tick Automatically manage paging file for all drives it might move it to C

I am not sure, most of the instructions are the opposite, move it off C and regardless of looking for moving it back, I can't find a reset to default option.

Boot Override
Allows you to select a device to boot immediately. Press <Enter> on the device you select and select Yes
to confirm. Your system will restart automatically and boot from that device.
page 39 of motherboard manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b360-hd3_1001_190603_e.pdf

boot overide is meant to be only used for one off boots, so I don't know why the sshd is set as boot device in there. It shouldn't be as the boot partition is on the ssd itself.

Dec 25, 2019
well, the page file is on the 1tb drive, not the boot partition. you can move that in windows.

right click start
choose run...
copy/paste this in
SystemPropertiesAdvanced
and press enter.

click settings under Performance
in next window, click advanced tab
click change under virtual memory
if you tick Automatically manage paging file for all drives it might move it to C

I am not sure, most of the instructions are the opposite, move it off C and regardless of looking for moving it back, I can't find a reset to default option.

page 39 of motherboard manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b360-hd3_1001_190603_e.pdf

boot overide is meant to be only used for one off boots, so I don't know why the sshd is set as boot device in there. It shouldn't be as the boot partition is on the ssd itself.

View: https://imgur.com/a/rOLJi6o

Didn't seem to move it to the c drive. It said i needed a restart but nothing changed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the system managed should be showing on C:

1. uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” setting
  2. click on the drive you want to move pagefile. sys to.
  3. click on System Managed Size.
  4. click Set.
  5. click on the drive currently holding pagefile. sys (probably C:)
  6. click on No paging file.
  7. click Set.
  8. click on OK.
or in your case, 2 is C and 5 is D:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't think this is fixing bsod but might make PC faster as ssd is always faster than hdd. I mean, its possible page file is on fast part of sshd but there is no way of controlling it or knowing for sure.

you might consider getting a bigger ssd at some stage as 120gb isn't very big for win 10. we normally suggest 250gb or more.

Dec 25, 2019
i don't think this is fixing bsod but might make PC faster as ssd is always faster than hdd. I mean, its possible page file is on fast part of sshd but there is no way of controlling it or knowing for sure.

you might consider getting a bigger ssd at some stage as 120gb isn't very big for win 10. we normally suggest 250gb or more.

View: https://imgur.com/a/2TbF23N

When i had my 120gb ssd in my lenovo pc it didn't take so long to search for it

Colif

Win 11 Master
in the bios, on the main screen, what does it show if you click Boot option Priorities

Boot Option Priorities
Specifies the overall boot order from the available devices. Removable storage devices that support GPT
format will be prefixed with "UEFI:" string on the boot device list. To boot from an operating system that
supports GPT partitioning, select the device prefixed with "UEFI:" string.

boot drive might be labelled UEFI - SSD name from what is described above.
there shouldn't be anything else in the boot order.
If there is a choice called Windows Boot Manager, it could be 1st as some motherboards use it to store the drive location of the boot partition.

I have to go soon, its getting late here. My friend should have replied by time I get back and we see what dump files show.

Dec 25, 2019
in the bios, on the main screen, what does it show if you click Boot option Priorities

Boot Option Priorities
Specifies the overall boot order from the available devices. Removable storage devices that support GPT
format will be prefixed with "UEFI:" string on the boot device list. To boot from an operating system that
supports GPT partitioning, select the device prefixed with "UEFI:" string.

boot drive might be labelled UEFI - SSD name from what is described above.
there shouldn't be anything else in the boot order.
If there is a choice called Windows Boot Manager, it could be 1st as some motherboards use it to store the drive location of the boot partition.

I have to go soon, its getting late here. My friend should have replied by time I get back and we see what dump files show.

I remeber seeing windows boot manager one time when i had a usb stick in with bios update. But when i removed the stick and went to check. The option windows boot manager went away

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/TwvlSFP

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/46ptN0b

There are the pictures on my boot priority. P5 and P4 i think stands for which sata slot it is plugged into.
Thanks

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://cerealwater.htmlpasta.com/
File information:011420-7203-01.dmp (Jan 14 2020 - 02:24:43)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

File information:011320-9062-01.dmp (Jan 13 2020 - 01:57:44)
Bugcheck:INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (A0)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: ?)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:011320-8921-01.dmp (Jan 13 2020 - 11:06:43)
Bugcheck:INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (A0)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:121819-6750-01.dmp (Dec 18 2019 - 08:13:33)
Bugcheck:STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (1C7)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:121819-5953-01.dmp (Dec 18 2019 - 09:05:05)
Bugcheck:STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (1C7)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 51 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, I am glad you showed 2nd shot as I was wondering what choices you have.

well, ssd is 1st, not sure why sshd appears in priority boot screen.

BSOD - They could all be nvidia drivers, although Internal power and Store data structure corruption aren't errors I see every day. Try the steps Gardenman suggests with Nvidia drivers and maybe run windows update after instead of going to Nvidia... I haven't liked the last few versions, they all seem to cause errors.

2 of the errors happened as pc was going to sleep/hibernate, or exiting it. MIght explain slow starts.

this sometimes causes BSOD -
May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver

Dec 25, 2019
okay, I am glad you showed 2nd shot as I was wondering what choices you have.

well, ssd is 1st, not sure why sshd appears in priority boot screen.

BSOD - They could all be nvidia drivers, although Internal power and Store data structure corruption aren't errors I see every day. Try the steps Gardenman suggests with Nvidia drivers and maybe run windows update after instead of going to Nvidia... I haven't liked the last few versions, they all seem to cause errors.

2 of the errors happened as pc was going to sleep/hibernate, or exiting it. MIght explain slow starts.

this sometimes causes BSOD -
May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver

The scp dualshock 3 virtual bus driver i think is for my ps4 controller

I searched up the error code and some said i should try to set >powercfg /hibernate /size 100 in cmd
i did that. One thing i forgot to tell you was that i switched ram sticks the other day because the other ones were appertly faulty acording to people on reddit. After i switched them this driver_irql_not_less_or_equal started apearing. The weird thing is that i used my pc for 2 weeks straight with no issues when gaming. But after i switched the ram i started crashing in games like gta 5.

How do i unistall the scpvbus driver?

here are some screenshots
View: https://imgur.com/a/yLFq2Ax

View: https://imgur.com/a/wJkkRjV

Dec 25, 2019
Perhaps maybe the 1st ram sticks weren't the problem.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

I tested the ram and it passed all the tests. i got a new bsod this morning

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dq1vcsf262ayvkw/011620-6078-01.dmp/file

Im considering doing a full reset on both my ssd and 1 tb sshd as nothing seems to fix my issues.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://alchemicsaola.htmlpasta.com/

File information:011620-6078-01.dmp (Jan 16 2020 - 01:30:22)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Dec 25, 2019
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://alchemicsaola.htmlpasta.com/

File information:011620-6078-01.dmp (Jan 16 2020 - 01:30:22)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

Memory corruption? I've had a bunch of bsods related to that eariler. I have switched out my ram. To a new kit. My ram passes all the memory diagnostic tool and memtest86. Maybe its incompatibel ram? Or just a bad driver. I looked through my D drive that wasn't formatted and i found traces of old drivers and windows maps. Maybe has something to do with that. I'm considering formatting all the drives and installing a new windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i see memory corruption on almost every BSOD and not all caused by ram. Ram errors are normally more random and blame all sorts of files. Yours is moving around, that is for sure, but i expect different errors, yours is repetitive.

Latest BSOD mentions tcpip & netio, both are related to internet access. I would blame your LAN drivers although they aren't very old
Jul 01 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
It is about same age as one on Motherboard website.

When i try to run chkdsk on my D drive it asks to dismount volume should i continue?
slow response, No. The 2nd paragraph asks if you want to run at startup, you agree Y to it.

Do you have latest BIOS?
Have you run an AV scan?

Dec 25, 2019
i see memory corruption on almost every BSOD and not all caused by ram. Ram errors are normally more random and blame all sorts of files. Yours is moving around, that is for sure, but i expect different errors, yours is repetitive.

Latest BSOD mentions tcpip & netio, both are related to internet access. I would blame your LAN drivers although they aren't very old
Jul 01 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
It is about same age as one on Motherboard website.

slow response, No. The 2nd paragraph asks if you want to run at startup, you agree Y to it.

Do you have latest BIOS?
Have you run an AV scan?

The newest Bios is Called F14 i have F13

Should i update to F14? I have already update my bios to F13.
I have ran malware bytes a couple of times and i had no malware detected . Should i download a network driver from my motherboards website?