Question Bsod internal_power_error

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 25, 2019
Internal_POWER_ERROR Loading screen freezes when booting Into windows

Hello! I just built a new pc with some parts used before. My ssd and hard drive is from an old Lenovo prebuilt. I have formatted my ssd (boot drive) but not the hard drive. When it’s searching for a bootable drive it takes longer than usual and sometimes freezes when showing the gigabyte logo. I look in blue screen view and it says internal_power_error. What could be the problem?

Dec 25, 2019
I wonder if the drivers for razer are any newer. the driver package maybe but that doesn't mean the individual drivers themselves are newer. Some makers just keep using old drivers if they worked.

these were the old ones
Oct 26 2016rzendpt.sysRazer RzEndPt driver https://www.razer.com/
Oct 26 2016rzudd.sysRazer Rzudd Engine Driver https://www.razer.com/

guess we find out if I was right. The 5 dumps in the sysnative file aren't obvious. One on 16th could have been lan drivers although yours are from March last year, so not exactly old.
Mar 07 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

is it all apps or just discord? reddit link

Its just discord. But my mic sounds distorted sometimes and i have to mute and unmute it. I got a new bsod
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1h2vgbgpnc02od3/012720-6234-01.dmp/file
The Lan driver is updated i dont think it was on the 16th

Dec 25, 2019
I wonder if the drivers for razer are any newer. the driver package maybe but that doesn't mean the individual drivers themselves are newer. Some makers just keep using old drivers if they worked.

these were the old ones
Oct 26 2016rzendpt.sysRazer RzEndPt driver https://www.razer.com/
Oct 26 2016rzudd.sysRazer Rzudd Engine Driver https://www.razer.com/

guess we find out if I was right. The 5 dumps in the sysnative file aren't obvious. One on 16th could have been lan drivers although yours are from March last year, so not exactly old.
Mar 07 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

is it all apps or just discord? reddit link

I got an idea. If i run the driver verifier and test one driver at a time i can know which driver is causing it? If its more than one that could be a problem
View: https://imgur.com/ofOeNh7

Colif

Win 11 Master
top 3 are part of windows. so no need to verify.
i think ene.sys is an xbox controller driver - might be part of win 10.
gdrv2.sys is an RGB driver (asus or Gigabyte)
log_core_temp.sys = logitech
semav6msr64.sys - think this might be part of windows
rest are obvious.

did you remove razer as I don't see them on that list?

Since it creates dumps, I would stick to letting it test everything. Its up to you but it could take a while.

Dec 25, 2019
top 3 are part of windows. so no need to verify.
i think ene.sys is an xbox controller driver - might be part of win 10.
gdrv2.sys is an RGB driver (asus or Gigabyte)
log_core_temp.sys = logitech
semav6msr64.sys - think this might be part of windows
rest are obvious.

did you remove razer as I don't see them on that list?

Since it creates dumps, I would stick to letting it test everything. Its up to you but it could take a while.

I uninstalled gigabyte app center now also razer synapse. I dont see a reason of having them. I read on reddit that people have experinced bluescreens becuase of the gigabyte app center. The logitech driver isn't the cause either i reinstalled that and my pc crashed when not selecting it in the driver verifer. I'm gonna do a driver verifier now and see if it fixed it. Did you look at the bsod i sent you? Should i change it from small to large file size to get more information?

gardenman

Splendid
This is for the last dump that you uploaded, although I'm not sure this info is needed if you are using verifier and it's showing the driver.

Results: https://spinaceoustelevision.htmlpasta.com/

File information:012720-6234-01.dmp (Jan 27 2020 - 01:38:43)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gee, I wonder what this was caused by

ffffd68d7cd267b0 fffff8035d0412e5 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000100 ffffd68d7cd26950 : dxgmms2!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::AcquireBuffer+0x7c
ffffd68d7cd26800 fffff8035b3137c7 : 0000000000000100 ffffc3046867e390 0000000000000100 ffffc3046428d000 : dxgmms2!VidMmAcquireDmaBuffer+0x15
ffffd68d7cd26830 fffff8035b311278 : ffffd68d7cd27060 fffffe3e007ee968 ffffd68d7cd271d8 0000000000000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::Render+0x4a7
ffffd68d7cd27010 fffffe5fde955a02 : 0000000000000000 fffffe3e007ee928 fffffe3e00641d60 fffffe3e007ec020 : dxgkrnl!DxgkCddGdiCommand+0x6e8

If its not obvious, I give a clue
Oct 02 2019nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver

Now annoying part is we already run DDU. And the driver dates look like the ones from Microsoft. Espeicailly since in your post you said windows found it right away. Wonder if different drivers from Nvidia would help...

if you want proof, run DV on nvidia.

Dec 25, 2019
Gee, I wonder what this was caused by

If its not obvious, I give a clue
Oct 02 2019nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver

Now annoying part is we already run DDU. And the driver dates look like the ones from Microsoft. Espeicailly since in your post you said windows found it right away. Wonder if different drivers from Nvidia would help...

if you want proof, run DV on nvidia.

I tested my system yesterday my pc didn't crash except when i chose logitech drivers. There were other drivers in there thahats weird is nt i didn't select. Wow my system works for 30 seconds then just shuts off. Maybe i should try just running the driver verifier without selecting any drivers. It selects some network drivers automaticly. If it was that then it should have crashed when i chose only the intel drivers aswell. Maybe i was to inpatient. Im gonna try again without selecting any drivers from the list and see what happends.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/yxYGcpI

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could try removing logitech drivers and see if errors stop. Since they caused DV to crash.

I edited 2 of your posts on page 2 as the gifs were using 25% of my GPU and since we fixed that part of the story, we don't need them anymore.

Dec 25, 2019
You could try removing logitech drivers and see if errors stop. Since they caused DV to crash.

I edited 2 of your posts on page 2 as the gifs were using 25% of my GPU and since we fixed that part of the story, we don't need them anymore.

Turns out i was to inpatient it also crashed when i didn't select the logitech drivers. I'm gonna try each driver now again. What driver do you think it could be?
View: https://imgur.com/a/Qt5gVdV

Dec 25, 2019
if its crashing witha bsod, give us the results. its much quicker than blind testing. A faster answer is a clean install as you might get a newer version of whatever driver is at fault.
Doesn't give me a bsod just freeze 2 sec then reboots. Takes long for it to reboot after it has crashed. The dumpdisk.sys files has ran fine now for 15 min. Going to test the ene.sys now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ene.sys is part of RGB drivers, I can find one case where it failed. It took a while to figure out what it is.
Anything with dump. in front is safe.
never seen teedriver64 cause bsod - its the intel chipset driver
semav6msr64.sys - Intel Driver Updater (I was wrong before)
uninstall MBAM until we finished, less drivers to test. (Malwarebytes)

any other drivers?

Dec 25, 2019
ene.sys is part of RGB drivers, I can find one case where it failed. It took a while to figure out what it is.
Anything with dump. in front is safe.
never seen teedriver64 cause bsod - its the intel chipset driver
semav6msr64.sys - Intel Driver Updater (I was wrong before)
uninstall MBAM until we finished, less drivers to test. (Malwarebytes)

any other drivers?

The once that are left are logitech. Inteldrivers seemed stabel. What is logi_core_temp?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What is logi_core_temp?
logitech.

heres a question. does it happen in safe mode?
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now

Alternatively, If you can't get to desktop (I assume you can since you running DV)
on the logon screen, open the power menu in bottom right of screen
while holding left shift, click restart button

both take you into a blue menu on restart

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if it still stutters here, its more likely a hardware issue than a driver as in safe mode, only windows drivers run.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019
logitech.

heres a question. does it happen in safe mode?
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now

If you can't get to desktop (I assume you can since you running DV)
on the logon screen, open the power menu in bottom right of screen
while holding left shift, click restart button

both take you into a blue menu on restart

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if it still stutters here, its more likely a hardware issue than a driver as in safe mode, only windows drivers run.

It runs fine in safemode. My pc restarts 2 times then windows brings up a menu where i can choose to repair my pc. I can get into safe mode from there. So i was wrong becuase i thought that logi temp sys wasn't related to logitech. Therefore i assumed that it crashed without logitech aswell (becuase i chose logicoretemp.sys)

Anyway. I have ran the driver verifier now on every driver. And the only time it crashes is when i select logi drivers. what could it be?

if you compare this photo and the one i sent you yesterday you can see that i didn't have the logicoretemp.sys in there as i thought it wasn't related to logi because it was marked as "unknown"

View: https://imgur.com/a/OcmKFse

Colif

Win 11 Master
wdfwifi.sys = windows driver foundation wifi driver
net.adaptercx.sys is part of windows.
ndis.sys is Network Driver Interface Spec - its also part of windows.

So does it crash if you select all Logitech drivers?

remove logitech drivers and see if it stops. What are they for anyway?

Dec 25, 2019
wdfwifi.sys = windows driver foundation wifi driver
net.adaptercx.sys is part of windows.
ndis.sys is Network Driver Interface Spec - its also part of windows.

So does it crash if you select all Logitech drivers?
Yes. Right now im running every driver execpt the logi drivers. System has been up for 20 min. When i verifed logi drivers crashed instant.

Colif

Win 11 Master
LGS is Logitech Gaming Software.
9.0.0.42 was released in May 2018
8.96.88 was released in Oct 2017
G Hub was released Aug 2019. Its all new.

So new it doesn't even uninstall LGS when you install it.

Something I had forgotten, What dumb software.

Something I remember now as I had to remove it myself, as both would load at startup.

So go into settings/apps and uninstall LGS. You have had 2 programs trying to run the same things.

Dec 25, 2019

Something I remember now as I had to remove it myself, as both would load at startup.

So go into settings/apps and uninstall LGS. You have had 2 programs trying to run the same things.

i cant uninstall ghub in windows when i click it doesn't uninstall. I cant find lgs in there

Dec 25, 2019

I reset my c drive downloaded msi kombustor to test system and it bsod. I ran driver verifier and it didn’t crash. All the files on my d driver are still on there. Maybe I should try formatting my whole system? What can we do from here. Should I create another thread since the original bsod is solved?