[SOLVED] BSOD Issue (System Thread Not Handled Error)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 14, 2019
Solution
I would recommend replacing the drive, a dozen of chkdsk scans with repeated issues in just a couple of days, a clear sign of drive failure.

You probably need to reinstall Windows if Windows is installed on that drive, don't worry about the activation, that will resolve itself automatically.

If you want to keep things, back it up before replacing the drive.
May 14, 2019
I have gotten two bsod all of a sudden, 1 while playing a game and the other when the pc booted up and I tried getting into the game again.
Here are the dmp files if anyone can help me out: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rV5kUfS1yiMSFp8GTswRNBmOgsUHB0eT | https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z3wW4mVk6FMXMaZVa5IEKJ7lIwni8RoM

I will try and run memtest86 later tonight to see if memory is also a problem here. I just want to narrow down to what parts I for sure need to replace/upgrade for this pc to keep running without problems for a while.

@axe0axe0 @PC Tailor @Colif

May 14, 2019
Just to be clear, 1 of the 2 of the last 2 dumps you provided was a 0x1A which I posted something on, both are pretty much the same.

We can't provide other suggestions until we know for sure it's not due to a bad drive.
Alright, I'll replace the c drive and get back to you if anything. Thank you very much for the constant help, guys.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Frankly nearly any Samsung will be a good purchase, just now in SSDs there are some good competitors when it comes to value. But can't really go wrong with almost any Samsung SSD.

HDDs are another debate in themselves, some would argue that Seagates latest figures are showing bigger failure rates, but there are still plenty going strong.

Can't tell if it's SSD or HDD from CHKDSK logs. What size and type are you looking for @javster22 ?

I mainly suggested EVO as Samsung now have QVO drives that while cheaper also only come with 3 year warranties, not 5.

A Seagate hdd - if used as storage - will get less usage than a boot drive and also, there is no guarantee you will get a bad drive. My 2tb hdd is from Seagate and ever since I got it I been hearing they are bad... that was 4 years ago.

HD Sentinel shows both my Evo & Seagate as excellent after over 910 days of uptime. Still estimated another 910 days... half way there :)

May 14, 2019
Wondering if anyone can help me with this. So Im now trying to install windows on an ssd nvme m.2 (samsung 970 evo) but when I get to the windows setup it doesn’t detect the ssd although I checked in the bios and it does detect it. Also I converted it to GPT and it didn’t do anything. The ssd is the only driver connected.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it actually looks like it should be in raid - the link below refers to people cloning installs and not booting but it could be same thing.

The reason is that Windows when set up on a SATA drive isn't configured to load the NVMe class driver at boot, so when that installation is moved onto an NVMe SSD, it won't be set up to read it. When the system is in RAID mode, the Intel Rapid Storage controller abstracts the hardware from the OS and the OS has the Intel RST RAID driver loaded, so this isn't an issue, but otherwise you're a bit stuck.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/G5-Not-Booting-from-NVME-Drive/m-p/6201757#M38646

I couldn't find a guide to installing onto an NVME on your dell
You might have to ask on their support site.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-5675-HDD-to-SSD/td-p/5696190

May 14, 2019
Okay so I solved it, apparently my usb with 8gb wasn’t enough so Im guessing thats what caused it not detecting the ssd. I successfully installed windows on the new ssd, but now it’s not booting from the ssd it just goes directly to pxe even though the ssd is selected to boot first I think. The bios setup is InsydeH20 if that helps. I can still boot it manually by choosing the ssd but automatically it just goes to pxe

May 14, 2019
Good news! It does sound like boot order in the BIOS is off. You may have to check more than one spot.
Sorry for the late reply guys had some power outages these days, but back to the ssd it all went great I changed some bios settings so it boot up properly. One thing to note is that my pc seems to have pcie gen 2 in the nvme slot instead of 3 so its not running to its full speed. I did look up that some people buy adapters for that (for my same pc) so that's something I'll be looking up soon, but in the meantime is there any problem with it not running at its full speed?