[SOLVED] BSOD "Kernal Data Inpage Error"

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Im getting a blue screen of death error
Stop code: KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR
What failed: win32kfull.sys

It happens randomly when i play video games or watch a youtube video on google chrome, and the system is failing to create a dump file no matter how much i try, i've tested the ram sticks with memtest (no errors) and i've scanned the drives for bad sectors (100% health).

My specs:
- i3 10100F
-GTX 1650 Gddr6
-H510m pro-e
-16Gb ram 2666 mhz
-120gb SSD (for system)
-500gb HDD (for games)
-450W PSU
-Windows 10 Home

Any help is appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Even if it won't create them, Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
what make/model is the 120gb ssd?

have you changed the size or location of the page file as that can be one reason you don't get dumps.

KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR
i think thats an error with the page file. so it would explain no dumps I guess.

what we can do is recreate the page file and see if that helps with the creation of dumps.

can you go to settings/system/about
choose advanced system settings from the right hand menu
under Performance, choose Settings
open the Advanced tab
under virtual memory, choose change...
untick Automatically manage paging file size for all disks
this will allow you to select No Paging File and click Set.
Click okay and choose apply.
restart PC and retrace steps as above but turn Automatically manage paging file size for all disks back on as it isn't wise to not have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafik1722

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
what make/model is the 120gb ssd?

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've already done the steps in the link before and windows still fails to create a dump file, that's why im puzzled.

The SSD is from Adata SU650.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest BIOS (not beta) and chipset drivers?
same goes for Intel management engine interface (its on other drivers tab)
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H510M-PRO-E/support#driver

as it most BSOD are drivers. Just difficult to tell what if its not giving you dumps

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I will be doing is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

I have to go soon as its late but I will look in morning and see what I can find. (weather permitting, its meant to be bad tomorrow so I be back when I can).

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Do you have latest BIOS (not beta) and chipset drivers?
same goes for Intel management engine interface (its on other drivers tab)
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H510M-PRO-E/support#driver

as it most BSOD are drivers. Just difficult to tell what if its not giving you dumps

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I will be doing is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

I have to go soon as its late but I will look in morning and see what I can find. (weather permitting, its meant to be bad tomorrow so I be back when I can).

I believe all my drivers are up to date except the BIOS of my motherboard, im on ver 1.1 and the latest bios is 1.3, i didnt update it cuz im afraid electricity might cut off and i get left with a dead motherboard, but i think im forced to update it now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Only update it if you sure power won't be cut off. No storms around or anything like that, or if its a regular thing.

I think I have to update mine soon but its not something I do unless I have to.

at least MSI show you how

Just wait and see if the changes allow creation of a dump.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
i wonder if its the Nvidia GPU drivers, since it happens in games and watching videos

Try running DDU in safe mode and reinstall new drivers once in normal mode again - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

I tried DDU and installing the latest drivers, i tried DDU and rolling back to previous stable nvidia drivers, i ran heavensbenchmark and Furmark GPU test (everything worked normaly, max temp 76c)
I tried Cinebench bcuz i suspected a CPU issue (everything worked normaly, max temp 80c)

I also forgot to mention that i get regular crashes in elden ring video game, event viewer shows ID: 1000 and 1005 ( dont know if this is relevant to the bsod issue)

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
what else have you tested so I don't suggest them again?
run this? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?

what make/model PSU?
what ram sticks?

how long errors been happening? install anything just before?
Win 10 up to date?

Fixes i've tried so far:
- Furmark GPU test
-Cinebench
-MemTest86 (no errors found)
-System file check (SFC / DISM/Memory diagnostics)
-Adata tool box (to check ssd and hdd health)
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed them again.
-Windows OS fresh install
-disabling secure boot and tpm 2.0

Event viewer issues ive been getting:
-ID 1000 & 1005
-ID 2004

PSU is a 450w from Xigmatek and Ram is 16gb 2666mhz from TeamGroup Elite .

Ive got the pc 20 daysago, been getting crashes in games everyday (once or twice a day) and ive gotten 3 bsod so far.

Im sorry if this thread is getting too long i appreciate ur help thank you.

any of the minidump can give a clue to the type of error.
a in page error means the memory manager could not move the data from storage to the memory. someone can look at the memory address and see if it is bogus, a usermode address or kernel mode address, or a stack overflow. if the address looks valid it still might not be. In those cases you have to provide a kernel dump to figure out the problem. if the problem comes from a subsystem you would have to provide a full memory dump. best to start with the minidump.

I believe all my drivers are up to date except the BIOS of my motherboard, im on ver 1.1 and the latest bios is 1.3, i didnt update it cuz im afraid electricity might cut off and i get left with a dead motherboard, but i think im forced to update it now.
bios updates and driver updates should go together. there have been a bunch of security patches that required driver updates, bios updates, cpu firmware updates and windows updates that need to work together. (it is pretty messed up, with all the vendors putting out updates in the last few weeks)

Colif

Win 11 Master
none of your drivers stand out there. Only one of them isn't 2022
do6dq29.png

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
none of your drivers stand out there. Only one of them isn't 2022
do6dq29.png

[/QU

I got another shutdown today, screen froze and computer restarted to a blackscreen with VGA debug light on, i had to shut it down manualy for it to work again, it also failed to create a dumpfile in windows/minidump again despite doing what you told me about the automatic minidump creation, which sucks bcuz now we cant know whats causing this, should i procede with a bios update to my motherboard to the newer version?

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a memory.dmp file in C;/windows folder?
if so, how big is it?
if its not massive you might need to upload that and we see if it shows anything

wonder if they are showing in windows error reporting (distracted as I just found 2 bsod on my pc)
I used to have a program that could export all that info but its seen as malware by AV now.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
do you have a memory.dmp file in C;/windows folder?
if so, how big is it?
if its not massive you might need to upload that and we see if it shows anything

wonder if they are showing in windows error reporting (distracted as I just found 2 bsod on my pc)
I used to have a program that could export all that info but its seen as malware by AV now.

I didnt find any dump file in C\windows, nor in C;\windows\minidump, i also typed "DMP" in search bar in disk c and found nothing.
Windows error reporting only show video game crashes but no system ones.

I wonder why is it not creating dump files, i just scanned my SSD with chkdsk /f/r/ and found 0 bad sectors and 0 errors, this is frusturating

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
I didnt find any dump file in C\windows, nor in C;\windows\minidump, i also typed "DMP" in search bar in disk c and found nothing.
Windows error reporting only show video game crashes but no system ones.

I wonder why is it not creating dump files, i just scanned my SSD with chkdsk /f/r/ and found 0 bad sectors and 0 errors, this is frusturating

When i bought the pc it had windows 11 and this issue was happening to me, i later completly reinstalled the OS back to windows 10 and this issue is still happening, does this mean that its a hardware probleme and not drivers and software even thought i tested all my hardware? Or maybe its the outdated Bios i have, even thought the new bios version is just 8 months newer from the one i have

Colif

Win 11 Master
have a look in system information app
on the left hand side, choose Software environment and under it Windows Error reporting
it might take a while to show results. scroll through the results and find one of the days it crashed and see if it shows any error on that day.
I for instance found this tonight
FdHLWYM.jpg

your dates probably look different to mine, i changed the default format.
its rare it mentions a driver name, I was lucky and hope to have fixed mine.

If its not creating a dump its possible it doesn't show any details here. It might offer some clues though. So take screenshots and show me what you can :)

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
have a look in system information app
on the left hand side, choose Software environment and under it Windows Error reporting
it might take a while to show results. scroll through the results and find one of the days it crashed and see if it shows any error on that day.
I for instance found this tonight
FdHLWYM.jpg

your dates probably look different to mine, i changed the default format.
its rare it mentions a driver name, I was lucky and hope to have fixed mine.

If its not creating a dump its possible it doesn't show any details here. It might offer some clues though. So take screenshots and show me what you can :)

Here you go, i got a crash today and these are today's reported errors

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/xcU0jva

Sadly i found no device errors

goodluck on ur bsod issues, i know how much they suck lol