Jun 3, 2024
Hi all,

I have just built and new system I will list spec at the bottom, i have had issues with motherboard / ram and bios from the start.

From the first boot it did not post at all just sat there with the orange DRAM light on. Now i have read you have to wait a while on first boot for ram tranning
so i left it a while to no avail. Turned it off and said a lot of choice words, retried but with one stick of ram in the A1 slot only. Still nothing, so i assumed it was doa.
RMAd both board and ram to which was tested by the company i got it from and they got it to post and into windows straight away. but only the motherboard was returned to me.

So i have purchaced more ram, now heres where the fun starts. I have got it to post and install windows with just one stick of ram in slot a1.
After this i was happy and shut down the pc to install my other m.2s and drives and to place the second stick of ram. This is where i got stuck in a BSOD loop same 4 codes randomly.

So i tried to repair windows with my usb stick which did not work. So decided to do another clean install. this is where it would not boot from usb at all. just gave me a orange screen with
while vertical lines. Enter a lot of bad words from me.

I then remembered from years ago windows did not like installing when more than 16gb of ram was installed. so i removed the second stick. BOOM got it to install again.
Now how ever when i install the second stick after i get the Orange DRAM light again and it will not post. But when i take it out it does post. Is that ram slot dead? or am i just stupid
and forgeting something small?

Now when the board was tested they said it was fine. ( have proof of this in screen shots and pics )
My new ram was tested in my friends pc yesterday and its 100% fine on memtest for 1 hour.
Thanks in advance

Specs
Cpu ;7800x3d
mobo; asus tuf a620 pro
1tb; samsung evo
gpu; rtx 3080
psu ; 800w corsair

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

Tuf a620 pro

Verify that I found the applicable motherboard guide.

Review the entire guide and doublecheck everything as you read through.

Pay close attention to the supported RAM configurations per Page vi and also on Page 1-11.

Be sure to go online for updated information regarding supported RAM per the manufacturer's website.

Hopefully just some error of omission or commission regarding the installed RAM.