[SOLVED] BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - minidumps from BSOD and Driver Verifier attached

Benisuber

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2012
This BSOD generally happens when I am playing a game (really anything from Tabletop Simulator to Assassin's Creed) and either music or video is playing on my other monitor. I've tried to update all of my drivers a few times now and nothing ever pops up in the Device Manager driver update prompt. I was able to use the driver verifier and BlueScreenView to see that HIDCLASS.SYS caused the verifier boot loops but I couldn't make much from that.

I have the minidump files from the last 3 such BSODs over 3 days, and 3 consecutive minidumps from a Driver Verifier boot loop in between.
BSOD
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0b33pu1TvfgYA0g-vSDThGMmppMw
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0b33pu1TvfgYAyyCmhr_-kPXrEyg

Driver Verifier boot loop
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0b33pu1TvfgYA2836EmuhMyQ6BQw
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0b33pu1TvfgYA4AH6EFtK1Yd4fEQ

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 RAM
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD
Corsair Bronze 650 Watt PSU
Logitech G613 Keyboard
Logitech G602 Mouse

Solution
two copies of overclocking drivers are installed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Gaming APP\Lib\NTIOLib_X64.sys Sun Jul 9 19:15:21 2017
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MysticLight\Lib\NTIOLib_X64.sys Sun Jul 9 19:13:57 2017

running from different directories you need to remove them both before anyone tries to debug your problem.
first minidump involved plug and play trying to install and verify some human interface device.
you would have to change the memory dump type to kernel and provide a memory.dmp file in order for someone to have a chance to see what the device is.

this is installed, check the read me for the installer and see if you need this or have to remove it when you do a bios update.
C:\Program...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/5fwe49qv/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:113020-7796-01.dmp (Nov 30 2020 - 11:52:42)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:112920-9625-01.dmp (Nov 29 2020 - 15:26:03)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:112920-7828-01.dmp (Nov 29 2020 - 15:09:28)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steamwebhelper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:112920-11328-01.dmp (Nov 29 2020 - 15:28:25)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:112920-10515-01.dmp (Nov 29 2020 - 15:24:33)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:112820-11609-01.dmp (Nov 28 2020 - 18:07:00)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 31 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 1.A and the latest is 1.E. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Gaming APP\Lib\NTIOLib_X64.sys Sun Jul 9 19:15:21 2017
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MysticLight\Lib\NTIOLib_X64.sys Sun Jul 9 19:13:57 2017

running from different directories you need to remove them both before anyone tries to debug your problem.
first minidump involved plug and play trying to install and verify some human interface device.
you would have to change the memory dump type to kernel and provide a memory.dmp file in order for someone to have a chance to see what the device is.

this is installed, check the read me for the installer and see if you need this or have to remove it when you do a bios update.
C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue May 28 02:32:51 2019

also, check this setting:
start->settings->update & security -> Windows Security -> device security

my version says standard hardware security not supported

do you have something different? something that indicates Core isolation,
memory integrity "prevents attacks from inserting malicious code in processes" on/off
if you do you might want to turn it off.

Last edited:
Solution

C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue May 28 02:32:51 2019

also, check this setting:
start->settings->update & security -> Windows Security -> device security

my version says standard hardware security not supported

do you have something different? something that indicates Core isolation,
memory integrity "prevents attacks from inserting malicious code in processes" on/off
if you do you might want to turn it off.
AMDRYzenMaster Driver.sys updates can come from here:
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops
you would need to select processors and select down to the one you actually have.

(i would only update if you are still having certain bugchecks after removing the overclock software)