[SOLVED] BSOD of deth. Windows 10.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 15, 2020
Fairly new PC.
Everything was working fine and dandy but one day I started having BSOD
minidumps attached
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag1chEoH3kUkaSOs62LzE-d_o8s?e=gFaxJl
I ran disk check
I ran memory check
Updated all drivers I could, both manually and then with Driver Booster 7 and Nvidia.
Scanned my PC for viruses.
Those blue screen seem to appear randomly, sometimes one a day, sometimes once 2 days, sometimes twice in the same day.
I can get blue screen while watching youtube and NOT get it while playing with 200 fps rainbow 6 siege.
What more can I do? please help.

Edit. Sometimes I get my headset to "lag" or "stutter" can it be the culprit ?
Edit 2 I ran memtest86 for 3 lapses if I remember right, found no errors.

Last edited:
Solution
  1. Always make a new installer as the newest version includes all the changes from the earlier ones - download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
  2. Well, yes. See - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/motherboard-driver-apps.3559392/
  3. If its a clean install, you shouldn't need this. Especially if all software in 2 is all your downloaded so far.
  4. System restore is the last line of defence and tbh the times I did run it (apart from after Driver booster) never really helped fix problem. Its better to have backups, and if possible 2 hdd, so all your data is stored on 2nd hdd and a clean install just wastes time.

Fingers crossed :)

I find staying awake to solve a...
Feb 15, 2020
Typing from phone. Sorry for any mistakes etc. Tried to format the pc. Had at least. 20 blue screens. I will copy them here.
Apc index mismatch. Kmode exeption not handled. Kernal auto lock invalid boost. System service exeption. Page faulty in nonpage area. Bad pool caller. Resource not owned. Irql not less or equal.kernel security check failure. I could not install windows 10. Removed 1 ram. Tried again and failed. Removed the other same thing. Untill i wanted to charge my phone and removed keyboard for the usb slot. It succeded. Is it possible that this stupid razer keyboard coused all of these? Expeciallysince it worked fine for over a month.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry I missed all the excitement.
Apc index mismatch. Kmode exeption not handled. Kernal auto lock invalid boost. System service exeption. Page faulty in nonpage area. Bad pool caller. Resource not owned. Irql not less or equal.kernel security check failure.
Do all sound like driver errors.

can't say i seen a razer kb stop an install before but i wouldn't put anything past them. Does it have a USB pass through on it? I don't use razer as I dislike synapse so much.

How old was the installer you used to put Windows on? I would have thought 1909 would have later AMD chipset drivers by now.

Gardenman will read them when he wakes up.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://spheroidalhide.htmlpasta.com/
File information:022120-8109-01.dmp (Feb 21 2020 - 13:39:22)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File information:022120-7968-01.dmp (Feb 21 2020 - 13:41:54)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:022120-7921-01.dmp (Feb 21 2020 - 13:19:34)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: mmc.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:022120-7750-01.dmp (Feb 21 2020 - 13:33:48)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_0311d6cf`ed36ed33
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:022120-7468-01.dmp (Feb 21 2020 - 13:36:29)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Feb 15, 2020
sorry, I havent sleept for like 30hours trying to fix this thing, had to catch up on on it ;p.
Had the machine running nonstop for 24h, downloading games,drivers,browsing forums and watching youtube/twitch.
about 3-4h today too. No issues so far.
As far as I can tell it was driver issue, AMD driver fixed it, so propably chipset driver.
I had old windows 10 installer, worked fine on my laptop and on this PC with old bios, but after update....
I suspect one of the really old w10 drivers REALLY didnt agree with the bios.
RN it works fine, I consider the issue resolved unless I get another BSOD.
Thanks everyone for the help, time and effort.

to ANYONE having similar problem.
1 Install newest possible windows 10 from the start, try to avoid instaling old versions.
2 Update drivers using OFFICIAL driver websites
3 Scan PC for viruses
4 Make system restore from time to time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. Always make a new installer as the newest version includes all the changes from the earlier ones - download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
  2. Well, yes. See - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/motherboard-driver-apps.3559392/
  3. If its a clean install, you shouldn't need this. Especially if all software in 2 is all your downloaded so far.
  4. System restore is the last line of defence and tbh the times I did run it (apart from after Driver booster) never really helped fix problem. Its better to have backups, and if possible 2 hdd, so all your data is stored on 2nd hdd and a clean install just wastes time.

Fingers crossed :)

I find staying awake to solve a computer problem can be counter productive. Rest and fresh brain in morning might see a solution your tired brain couldn't.

Solution