May 11, 2024
[DUMPFILES AT THE END OF POST]

Some specifications that might help :

Laptop model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 1x SSD (Micron - Default from ASUS - Health 86%)
  • 8GB RAM
  • AMD (Display)
  • NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti
So as long as i remember, i was having a BSOD since one year or two ago, but it was like eh once a week or even a month so it didnt bother me that much.
Now every so often my laptop been having BSOD every other hour. The sessions uptime didnt even reach for two hour and it just blue screened to death
(uptime screenshot)
i used software like WhoCrashed & Bluescreenview but it didn't give me enough detail what should i do. these past months i feel like i've used everything in my power to fix it, but nothing changes. I'm desperate i could go to ASUS Service Center to try their technicians to fix it but i wanna know what exactly caused this and what needed to be fixed, so they don't downplay this laptop's problem and just factory reset windows and call it a day (some technicians here do it if they think you're dumb enough it fixes everything).

things i did :
  1. recheck RAM (it turned out one other RAM is faulty or something so i had to use one single 8gb)
  2. remove fan dust (and below fan)
  3. browsing every little thing i could find that might help (ms community, yt, reddit)
things i haven't do :
  1. recheck SSD
  2. apply thermal paste to heatsink/processor
With all that additional information, can someone help me read this BSOD dumpfiles and what really causes it? i'd greatly appreciate it if you can save for the life of me.
Thanks in advance!
.dmp link

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

apply thermal paste to heatsink/processor
You might want to keep an eye on the temps of your laptop when the BSoD's happen.

I used WinDBG;
IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD.sys
Is what is flagged on one of your DMP files. Manually reinstall your chipset drivers for the laptop with the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia), in safe mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver for your laptop with this;
in an elevated command, after you've manually reinstalled your chipset driver.

Reactions: brokingdom
May 11, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

apply thermal paste to heatsink/processor
You might want to keep an eye on the temps of your laptop when the BSoD's happen.

I used WinDBG;
IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD.sys
Is what is flagged on one of your DMP files. Manually reinstall your chipset drivers for the laptop with the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia), in safe mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver for your laptop with this;
in an elevated command, after you've manually reinstalled your chipset driver.
thanks for checking it out. why does software like bluescreenview/whocrashed flagged ntoskrnl.exe & win3k.sys caused this BSOD?

so do i need to update both of my GPU, AMD and Nvidia?

also how do i check temps precisely when BSOD happens? i dont have any sort of stuff that can detect outside of what a software can do. laptop's temp is 40-59c at max.

May 11, 2024
update : i successfully updated AMD and NVIDIA to a respective more upgraded version. but sadly the BSOD is still there. this ones uptime hold to 45minutes until windows crashed. here's this one minidump:

another BSOD

can you help identify the problem and what caused it this time? Bluescreenview reported it ntoskrnl.exe still caused i but i wanna know why it really happened.