[SOLVED] [BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32kfull.sys

Nov 21, 2020
Hello,

PC randomly BSOD twice while I was browsing on Firefox.
I've have driver issues before which I believed I fixed, but it seems to always pop up randomly out of no where.
Have done pretty much everything to check my hard drive, ram, used the SFC command in cmd, reinstalled some drivers like my gpu and internet drivers.
Killer Network drivers always seem to come up when I've had people check my bsod so at this point I'm suspecting something wrong with that but I'm not 100% sure and it's driving me nuts.

Any help to figure what the cause is would be great appreciated! :)

edit: forgot to include the second dump whoops

Last edited:
Solution
I know you've had the RAM for 2 years and didn't have problems, but RAM can "go bad". Have you tested it yet?

You can start with Windows Memory Diagnostic, the built-in Windows test. It doesn't take that long. It took about 20 minutes for my 12GB a few weeks back. Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't that reliable though.

memtest86 is much more reliable. We usually suggest to test each stick individually, 1 at a time, for at least 4 passes but more is better. You can run it with all RAM but if you get an error, you'll then need to test each RAM stick one a time to determine which one is faulty.

If you do decide to do the full memtest86 and only test 1 RAM stick at a time, you should also try testing only 1 set at a time too (not memtest...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/6kbdstw2/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:020421-5890-01.dmp (Feb 4 2021 - 00:23:09)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: audiodg.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

File information:020321-5875-01.dmp (Feb 3 2021 - 21:43:58)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EscapeFromTarkov.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
so audiodg.exe is used by Microsoft for Audio Device Graph Isolation and talks to audio drivers (you probably saw this coming)
the only audio driver is can see is the nvidia one, do you listen to sound through monitor?
Mar 14 2019nvvad64v.sysNvidia Virtual Audio driver http://www.nvidia.com/
Oct 16 2020nvhda64v.sysNvidia HDMI Audio Device http://www.nvidia.com/
Microsoft likely installed its own realtek audio drivers, but they shouldn't cause bsod if it did.

your BT card is getting old
Mar 23 2015bcbtums.sysBroadcom Bluetooth Firmware Download Filter driver
love to offer newer ones of this
Sep 14 2016e2xw10x64.sysKiller PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver http://www.killernetworking.com/

Nov 21, 2020
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Yes I can confirm that is my motherboard. I updated the BIOS about a year ago to the latest version.

Nov 21, 2020
so audiodg.exe is used by Microsoft for Audio Device Graph Isolation and talks to audio drivers (you probably saw this coming)
the only audio driver is can see is the nvidia one, do you listen to sound through monitor?
Mar 14 2019nvvad64v.sysNvidia Virtual Audio driver http://www.nvidia.com/

Oct 16 2020nvhda64v.sysNvidia HDMI Audio Device http://www.nvidia.com/
Microsoft likely installed its own realtek audio drivers, but they shouldn't cause bsod if it did.

your BT card is getting old
Mar 23 2015bcbtums.sysBroadcom Bluetooth Firmware Download Filter driver
love to offer newer ones of this
Sep 14 2016e2xw10x64.sysKiller PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver http://www.killernetworking.com/
Nah, I don't use my monitor for audio, I have my audio stuff plugged into my PC.
The Bluetooth I use is a USB one I've had for awhile.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Nah, I don't use my monitor for audio, I have my audio stuff plugged into my PC.
so i wonder what driver its using then, since i don't see any. It would be strange for the Microsoft copy of the realtek driver to cause this.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Killer Network drivers always seem to come up when I've had people check my bsod so at this point I'm suspecting something wrong with that but I'm not 100% sure and it's driving me nuts.
problem with upgrading them is finding them. Killer was taken over by Intel a year or so ago and don't support the chips they used to. I will have to look into that at some stage.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried running with just 1 set of ram in and see if you still get BSOD?
4096MB1600MHzKingstonKHX1600C9D3/4GX
4096MB1600MHz0420F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
G Skill & Kingston. How long you run with 2 different makes sticks in PC?

Nov 21, 2020
so i wonder what driver its using then, since i don't see any. It would be strange for the Microsoft copy of the realtek driver to cause this.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

problem with upgrading them is finding them. Killer was taken over by Intel a year or so ago and don't support the chips they used to. I will have to look into that at some stage.
cbca6e60ba.png

here's the driver list.

have you tried running with just 1 set of ram in and see if you still get BSOD?
G Skill & Kingston. How long you run with 2 different makes sticks in PC?

I've had the ram for about 2 years now, I haven't ran into any memory issues with games or crashing while playing games.

Colif

Win 11 Master
very strange, I don't install the nvidia audio drivers as Discord kept trying to swap to them as defaults as monitor has no speakers.
Wonder what set of audiodg Its not clear from drivers.

what shows under Sound, video & game controllers in Device Manager?
ISssBJC.jpg

if you have High Definition Audio device, right click and choose properties/driver tab, I expect its got Microsoft drivers.
Any others show?

ram should be okay after that long.

Nov 21, 2020
very strange, I don't install the nvidia audio drivers as Discord kept trying to swap to them as defaults as monitor has no speakers.
Wonder what set of audiodg Its not clear from drivers.

what shows under Sound, video & game controllers in Device Manager?
ISssBJC.jpg

if you have High Definition Audio device, right click and choose properties/driver tab, I expect its got Microsoft drivers.
Any others show?

ram should be okay after that long.
a5fa5f71a9.png

Here's the list, there's two high audio devices and say the same thing for both

Colif

Win 11 Master
there are 2 because you never installed a realtek Driver, if you had one would be replaced like my was (I guess if you had asked a few months ago I would have 2 and think its normal). I found one person with 5 of them so you not that bad off.

i don't think they are the problem
Can you run this for me? it makes a Zip file I can use to see more info about your system. Will also show me details of the BSOD as well.

Nov 21, 2020
there are 2 because you never installed a realtek Driver, if you had one would be replaced like my was (I guess if you had asked a few months ago I would have 2 and think its normal). I found one person with 5 of them so you not that bad off.

i don't think they are the problem
Can you run this for me? it makes a Zip file I can use to see more info about your system. Will also show me details of the BSOD as well.

The DriverView program?

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder what the USB audio device is.

nvidia was having problems before the 4th but you say you updated drivers since then

i assume you know that Tao Tronics Soundsurge 90 Hands Free AG Audio is disabled - its showing in problem devices in system info

Nov 21, 2020
wonder what the USB audio device is.

nvidia was having problems before the 4th but you say you updated drivers since then

i assume you know that Tao Tronics Soundsurge 90 Hands Free AG Audio is disabled - its showing in problem devices in system info
Yea, the hands free audio is the version is a feature for the headphones where the audio quality is worse but the microphone on it turns on. Sometimes discord or windows will swap it so I have it disabled.

The USB audio device I'm guessing is the USB microphone I have plugged in?
also I want to say thanks for going through the effort to help figure this mess out :)

Nov 21, 2020
it might be mic, it is sound after all. I normally only see people with Blue Yeti and they use a driver you don't have.

not that you crashed recently but it might be mic since we running out of choices.
my FIFINE K678 mic is a plug in usb microphone and doesn't offer any drivers that I could find... :unsure:

Nov 21, 2020
WhoCrashed tells me it's NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 461.40 that triggered the crash. (as well as direct x?)
I previously did a clean removal and re-install of the nvidia drivers in safe mode when the first crash original happened so i have no idea :??:
50f0280c97.png