BSOD physical memory dump

dt21

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Hey guys I wanted to post this for anyone as noob to builds and setups as I am. I just finished building my new rig not to long ago which consists of Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and 6 Gigs of Corsair ddr3 1600 memory. I set all my memory in the proper slots A-1 B-1 C-1 and after about two days of no problems I started to experience heavy BSOD in games applications or even just boot up. The error was Memory Management Physical Dump etc.

I spent a bit of time researching and did not realize the auto settings on this motherboard. According to ASUS the ram is compatible via their qualified list so I just assumed default settings would be fine. I had to manually set all my memory timings as per what Corsair recommends for my memory on their forums.

Been running 5 days now without any problems and passing all prime 95 tests with no errors when testing for at least 4-5 hours

I was very close to RMA or returning my memory to Newegg but was not convinced when every single stick passed memtest on their own and in different slots. I hope this helps someone in the same boat and if not, I apologize for the wasted thread :pt1cable:

Gamefan71

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I seem to be having the same problem.

Asus P6T Deluxe v2
i7 920
6gb OCZ DDR3 1600 memory in A1, B1, C1

I get BSODs saying memory error and both Memtest & Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool come back with errors.

Everything is setup as default/auto.

cgfaulkner

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I also seem to be having the same problem and really thankful to find this thread. I'm at my wits end.

ASUS P6T SE
i7 920
6GB G.SKILL Trident DDR3 1600 in the orange slots

I seem to be getting the BSOD stating memory management and memory dump. However, Memtest (after 6 passes) and Memory Diagnostic Tool both come back completely clean. Everything was set up using the "auto" settings.

Last night I changed the timings and voltage to match my RAM (rather than auto) and it seems to be running fine. Definitely not conclusive yet, but I'm hopeful because of the success here.

RAM voltage seems to be one of the most common headache-inducing issues in the world when it comes to homebuilt systems. You'd think the manufacturers would make a bigger deal about it -- you know, have warnings somewhere, or at least not keep the information buried in one sentence on page 46 of your motherboard manual. But instead it seems like the first time most people learn about it (myself included) is when they buy some RAM and all of a sudden their system starts freezing up for no reason. Hopefully most are lucky enough that they can fix it with mere adjustments, not spending another $100 on replacement RAM or mobo.